Site maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site maps

I was just reading a older thread about site maps & submitting to google.
    I noticed a few comments on using capital letters and problems related.

I was a bit confused.

Can anybody answer the following questions for me please?

Is it OK to use capital letters in;

URL
    Meta tags
    Page title

And is there any other places i should NOT use capital letters?

Thanks in advance to any one that helps
    Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Re: Site maps

Come on guys. Help is needed
    Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Comment

Hi, I see you've been waiting for an answer (I've had the same problem with some of my posts on this forum). Hope this helps:

I just did a little experiment: tried typing various URLs into my browser with some of the letter capitalized--and arrived at those sites just as quick as if I'd typed in lowercase letters only. Then I tried typing in some more URLs in all capital letters--same good result. I think all browsers convert whatever you type into all lowercase.

Sometimes in an ad or elsewhere, you'll see a long, multi-word URL displayed in "camel case," for example: www.BillJacobsChevrolet.com. See how that's easier to read than if it were all lowercase? Making it easier to read makes it easier for the reader to remember it.

As for meta tags and page titles, I've never heard of capital letters having any effect on them . . . and I've been doing quite a bit of studying in the SEO area this year. More important thing about page titles: search engines can see only the first 64 characters you type in for the title, so don't overdo it on any of your pages.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mattyfergus View Post
          Come on guys. Help is needed
          Maybe because you got answered ina DUPLICATE thread.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X