Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding a Blog? Comment box? leave feedback?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a Blog? Comment box? leave feedback?

I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place and if not could someone move me please?
    I have written an article and sent it into the big world. I have ahd a lot of feedback from people wanting to leave comments which I know I could just add a box but I also want to reply to them and I also want to be able to post from time to time on how life is going. What do I need? A blog? A comment box? both? and how do i go about it? If I had a comment box how do I delete anything that isn't nice?
    The article is here and I wanted to add something to the bottom of page 2 or maybe create another page.
    Too be honest i didn't think I was going to get as much interest as I have and it has only been "out there " a day! I obvioulsy want to make the most of it.
    Thanks for you help everyone
    Debbie

Re: Adding a Blog? Comment box? leave feedback?

Wordpress has some nice blog options & themes to suit.....you can find it in Cpanel - Fantastico.....quite easy to install :)
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

ahimsa thank for the direction. I have found a whole new world at Word Press and am completely lost!
      I have navigated round the dashboard and been into settings, created a new welcome world post but for the life of me I can't find how to get the blog into my site.
      I added "my blog" to the navigation bar but then what? Do I create a new page with an I frame? but then where/what is the URL for my blog? I did it all from Cpanel and fantisico
      Can you help me?
      From a feeling really stoooopid Debbie

Comment

Using the official WordPress.org website as the authorative resource, become familiar how to find the solutions you need bny doing Searches within the site, by browsing the Support Forum (Community), and by following the step-by-step instructions in the User Manual for the WP version you are using.

Creating a page, adding other elements in WP is all done from within the Administrator Panel. It is an automated process entirely.

To add certain functions specifically to a page, you may need to install a Plug-In (Contribution), many of which are Free and most of which are under $20 each. You will find literally thousands of such desireable features to add to your site in the Library on the WP website.

Everything about websites is a learning process, and it requires you to diligently Plan your website properly, and then to find the features and functions required to make you Plan come together. Only you can elevate your functional understanding of WordPress to make your website do what you want it to do, so take the time to invest in learning all you can from the WP website.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Dandia, from your cPanel, click on the Fantastico icon at the bottom right.

Click to install "Wordpress" from the long list of options on the right of the Fantastico page.

Click "install" --> when it asks you for what directory you want to install your blog in, most people choose the "blog" directory -- so you will input "blog" into that little box.

Then type in your admin 'nickname,' your email address, and so forth...

And then click "finish installation."

From there, your blog will be hosted at www.yoursite.com/blog

Then you will simply include that link (www.yoursite.com/blog) in your nav menu.

Hope this helps,
          Jason
          Check out these sites made exclusively with BlueVoda!

Powerline1000.com
          ObePro.com

Comment

Thanks for that everyone. I had made a mistake in the begining and ahve downloaded to my xxxx.net and not blog. So I need to change that.

I have a lot of things I am trying to juggle and as I know this forum and how it works and I can find my way around with my esyes shut! I thought that someone would be able to help me on this forum......they did...thank you.

Debbie

www.dandia.net/iansms.html

Comment

Working...
            X