Redirect Loop Error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirect Loop Error?

I'm having an issue with redirecting my domain to a folder(site).

I originally had mydomain.com redirecting to mydomain.com/abc through cPanels redirect features. I then made a new page ie. mydomain.com/123 and tried to change the redirect and am now getting the following error when I go to mydomain.com.

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
    * NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.

Forgive me for not initially posting my domain information. When I remove the redirect from cPanel it shows my entire server index. I'm not sure what information is exposed possibly posing as a security risk. If you think you may have an idea why this is happening I will gladly give you more specific information if you can help me figuar this out.

What I have tried...

Clearing cookies.
    Reverting to the original redirect settings.
    Using(IE,Firefox,Safari,Chrome)

Please Help?!?!

Re: Redirect Loop Error?

Did you try to look into your pre. redirects and see if its been somewhat duplicated??
    Amir
    What happens in Vegas, Goes online!!
    Zibubu.com/las%20vegas

Comment

Originally posted by amirvoss View Post
      Did you try to look into your pre. redirects and see if its been somewhat duplicated??
      I thought about that, but where would "pre redirect" information be found? I have nothing else redirecting anywhere.

Comment

You need to remove all redirection. Might even need to remove the addon domain and then add it back.. and retry the redirection in cpanel. If you still have the error you will need to look for the htacess file in the root of the domain you are redirecting and clearing out the redirection there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
          You need to remove all redirection. Might even need to remove the addon domain and then add it back.. and retry the redirection in cpanel. If you still have the error you will need to look for the htacess file in the root of the domain you are redirecting and clearing out the redirection there.

Karen
          I will tinker with it some more but as of now, there is no addon domain for this particular domain, when I try to add the domain it says...

There was a problem creating the addondomain. Show Details

Error from park wrapper: You cannot park your main domain!

This domain is currently registered with (go dady)[must spell this way or it will block it] with proper DNS server pointed to Vodahost. I can't seem to find htacess at the root of the server, so I guess I will try and find it through the domain at (go dady).

Would it be possible for someone who knows what there looking for (Karen Mac)? to log onto my account and take a look for me. I would gladly change my password and sensitive data to allow a trust worthy person to help me check this out...

This is frustrating because it makes no sense why all of a sudden it happened. I didn't to any drastic changes. But I guess it's something i'm not very familiar with. Thanks in advance. :)

Comment

ok... well you need to park and point from there.

When you login to file manager you need to tell it to show all hidden files. If you cant see it there.. then try ftping to your account .. it should show up then.

Yeah email me the details.. ill see if i can find it.. .. however if its YOUR MAIN domain that MIGHT be the problem. You cant do it in cpanel

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X