• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redesigned website

totally redesigned check it out
    www.easternstarcandles.com

Re: Redesigned website

Hey Bamagirl, Nice work.

I would now consider centering the page.

If you are after a ranking in the search engines I would now consider adding some content to your site. ie like how your candles are made or any content related to the candle industry etc. If your advertisning locally or using paid advertising then it is not as important.

Great work, you are very talented.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

I love your products, very creative and fascinating - some are very unique, it seems, and you might want to capitalize on that.

As Phil says above, definitely center the page.

Also, as he said, you would surely benefit from some content. Here is why.

When I click on your home page, I see a nice picture of your candles - but nothing about them - what are they made of? Are they hand made? Are they unique? If so, why?
      Also, are they edible? They certainly look like they are - I am being sort of facetious here, but a big selling point to me would be how realistic they look and how unique that is. So I would like to see something about that here on the front page.
      And, do the sundaes smell like sundaes? If so, I would mention that, too, it could be a real selling point.

On the page for jars, for instance, instead of saying 'These jars have a silver lid and come in lots of scents', you may want to say a bit more, like maybe - "These candles are presented in standard jelly jars, with a silver lid. Simply remove the lid and light the wick to enjoy any of several available scents. See below for scent choices."

And the jam jars are really cool, but I can't tell if each of the berries is a separate candle, or if the jar has one wick.

These a couple of examples of where I think your site could benefit from more information. There are others - Do the pie candles come in actual metal pie plate - that sort of thing.

You might want to review each page as if you had never seen your product before, and ask yourself what other information you might like to see here.

Better yet, have a friend do this for you, as it might be easier for someone not familiar with the product to be more objective

Oh, one more thing, I would love to see an About Us page, talking about who makes these candles, and how the ideas came about, that sort of thing.

Great start.
      Good Luck
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

thanks for your compliments,and i will be considering alot of your ideas
        hope everyone has a great weekend!
        sasha

Comment

Your most optimized keyword is CLICK HERE! You should have those pics linked along with your text. The above advice given you was very good. You have nothing really to offer the search engine to list you for other than .. click here.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hey, philipc9635, Would you tell me how to put the the keywords in so that the search engines can find me? cant figure the meta tag thing out.
            Thanks for your help!
            bamagirl485

Comment

Working...
            X