Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to setup pastage calculation in Paypal

Hellow members,

Please can anyone help work me through how to properly setup Poastage Calculation Costs with Paypal.

I've setup paypal button properly on my site, but will like to setup paypal button on one of my sites were am using paypal to accept paymemts for a phisical product.

Any idea on how to properly configure postage costs for local and international postings. I currently leave in the UK. I've tried setting it up, but it don't seem to be working. The site is: learncomputerfast.com A step-by-step instruction will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

Re: how to setup pastage calculation in Paypal

yes you set it up in your paypal profile, website payment preferences.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen,

But please any surgestions or instructions on how to set it up properly. I've tried setting it up before, but i don't seem to have done it well.

Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

If you are intending to process international shipments, you must first enter the Country and/or region in the Destination List, and then go to the Shipment Cost Calculator: because you cannot have more than one selected "shipper" and you intend to ship internationally, you need to choose one that services just about everywhere equally, and I suggest DHL over UPS because UPS (I beleive) requires different origination procedures. If not, then go UPS.

When it comes to "local" shipments (in the UK), simply charge what UPS charges would apply (which should be structured based on weight), and consider it "postage and handling" as would most other businesses anyway. The handling charge is traditionally the fee of costs that include preparation, boxing/packaging, and delivery to shipper. This way, you can "apply" the UPS charges universally across the board without anything getting snagged up for you or clients, and Post the packages normally using your local post office or whatever.

PS: If the UPS published charges for the lowest worldwide shipment for 2lbs. is say US$45.00, then simply add another US$3.00-5.00 on top of that, not just to cover the costs of handling, but to absorb any smaller rate increases between the time you publish your page and the time it takes to re-do your shipping calculator and re-publish. Most customers are wise to this, and are accepting of this practice if your "add-on" fee is not appearing that you are either gouging or "profiting" from tacking it on.....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

ndy..

Most likely you will have to set up a range at paypal.. if cost so much or it weighs so much.. then it cost this... for instanae

0 to 24.99 =$7.50
          25.00 to 28.00=$8.00

same thing with weight

0 to 1 lb= 4.99
          1.1 to 5lb=695
          etc etc etc

figure out the FURTHEST you will have to ship something.. for that wieght etc..or that price and average it out somewhere between the closest you would ship..sometimes youll win and sometimes you lose..

The easiest way is to include it in the price and advertise free shipping.. and tell them its already included in the price displayed.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks so much for your explanations. so i should first logon to paypal to configure this first. Then create my buy now button either at paypal or BV?

If so, after setting it up in pp, will it automatically add to the particular button i intend to create at any time or do i have to do any other thing or configuration to make it work. Again what is meant by "base shipping" & "extra shipping". I don't really know how it works.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

No when they get to paypal it will add the shipping.. add the buttons any way you choose.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen,

But please what button do you mean i should "add the buttons any way you choose". Is it just the the buy now button i created in either BV or pp or am i surpose to create another button apart from the regular buy now button.

Again what if i want to set different postage costs to different regions (like USA & the rest of the world) Any idea how i can set this up in pp.

Lastly, any idea what the "base shipping" & "extra shipping" stands for. thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Sorry I missed this..

I mean add your buttons with code from paypal or add them with BV..

You set your shipping in paypal, unless you want it to add to each product in your button set up

Base shipping is just that.. what normal shipping cost would be.. EXTRA shipping would be if it required a freight charge, overnight or next day etc.

Id have to go to paypal and look if you can set up multiple rates or countries for shipping.. If you cant do this .. then youd have to make two buttons.. one for the US one for International orders..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X