This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Wizard Tutorial

Please also read carefully the TEXT below this video!

The major enhancement in the new Form wizard, which also applies to all BlueVoda forms independently from the way they have been built, is the Built In Form Processor. This form processor eliminates the need to copy / paste php code and manually create a processing page. The processing script is automatically embedded in your own form page, and it will process your form info correctly. It takes down to practically zero copy / paste mistakes that have caused lots of frustration to many users.
    This script has been created with the contribution of DBTechnosystems and has the following enhancements, in comparison to the one used in the BV forms up to this moment:

1. It will automatically take care of file uploads
    2. It will take care of Multiple choice Listboxes / Comboboxes
    3. It will detect injection attempts and deny processing
    4. It will report these errors if found
    5. It allows you to specify the Upload folder and the max filesize
    6. It will add a random prefix to the file uploaded, to avoid hackers uploading and running malicious files

Please note that these are essential features, for a more complete script that will provide much more both in terms of security and in terms of features, please visit the Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor thread.

Creating an Error page

The new BV 10.1 built in form processor was developed by DB Technosystems.com. We have now embedded a simple error reporting system. To be able to report the errors, you need to correctly build an error page.

As we have designed the script, this is an extremely easy task: Create a page as you normally would. Leave some free space for the text of the error message. Then, place in your page the following simple text: ##error##
    As you see it in the following example:

If an error is found in your form, the error page will show up. The text ##error## will be replaced by the actual error message. You can format the text as you like (Font type, size, color and position, alignment etc) . Make sure to make it LARGE enough (as you can see above) so that there is enough space for it.

Now, insert an ADVANCED button in your page. Double click it, Make it OnClick, and select onClick action: Go to the Previous Page. This button will enable your visitor to go back in your form and edit his input before submitting again.

Multiple Choice Listboxes / Comboboxes

Some times you need such fields. In Addition, there are some tomes that even checkboxes for the SAME choice, need to have multiple answers (values).

In order for the built in processor to correctly process these fields, there is only one requirement: the file names of these multiple choice fields MUST have at the end, [] (square brackets). In example, a field "How did you find us" should be "How did you find us[]" in order for the processor to be able to correctly process it. Of course, you also need to check the "Allow Multiple Selections" checkbox in the field Properties dialog box.

Uploading files.

The new processor allows you to upload files. Normally, the default settings allow a maximum filesize of 1 Mb and the files will be uploaded in a subfolder that is AUTOMATICALLY created, which is named "uploads".

However, it is possible to change the folder name as described in the following steps.

You may also want to change the default maximum filesize, from 1 Mb (1024 Kb) to a lower or higher number.

BOTH these tasks are achieved through HIDDEN FIELDS.

Double click your form, and in the lower part, in the Hidden Fields section, add these two fields:

filesize (all lowercase) and upload_folder (all lowercase).

The filesize MUST be typed in Kbytes.

Please look at the example picture here below:

Important Notes!

1. There are some limitations to the field naming: the visitor's email address field, MUST be named "email", all lowercase, exactly as you see it, so that the script will correctly recognize it. Otherwise, the sender's email address will default to your own email address. This is done because many ISPs will block emails if no sender email address is included in the mail.
    2. Your Submit button name MUST be "submit", and your "reset" button MUST be named "reset". If you name them anything else, you will recieve those values in the mail along with the others.
    3. Please note that when you use the built in form processor, the page NEEDS to be published as php instead of html. If you have created the form from scratch with the wizard, this is done automatically. So, if your page is named "contact", it will be published as "contact.php". So this is what you should include in your menu bars as link to the contact page.

Troubleshooting: If after publishing yout form page, you see lots of code on top of the page, don't worry, it is simple: you have published your page as html instead of php.

Have fun!
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Re: Form Wizard Tutorial

Please make sure that you watch all three form tutorials...They will give you a complete understanding of how to build and publish a form.

How to create a form from scratch - tutorial #2
    How to create a form from scratch using the form wizard.

How to edit a form - tutorial #3
    How to edit a form. Covers adding and removing fields to your form such as text boxes, drop down boxes, radio buttons, etc...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      My website is made in soholaunch and forms are made in different way by selecting and editing different boxes
      thx

Comment

Can some one tell me what I'm doing wrong
        I follow the steps, Build my form to upload music.
        I test the form and i receive everything in the e-mail, Execpt the file that was uploaded
        the link for the form page is the one below.

Some help Please

Excuse my english

Comment

Why is the filesize hidden field set to 26,419.199951171 ? The filesize should be in KBs.

This way the script will reject everything more than 26 KBs.

Please note that anyway, the server is limited to something like 8 or 12 MBs, larger files will result in not receiving anything at all.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval. I got the filesize down and it work
            however, It's not sending the file to the specific folder.
            I receive the e-mail with the file, but it dont go to the folder i specify
            Any solution or idea how to solve this? Thanks in advance.

The link to the page is the same: http://www.atlantahispano.net/uploadmusic1.php

Excuse the english

Comment

What do you mean "it doesn't go to the folder I specify " ?

The BV built in form processor doesn't store the files on the server, it only attaches them in the mail.
              Navaldesign

Comment

ohhhhh, ok.
                I remember it was doing it one time, but i dont remember what i did for it to go to the server
                and i use to receive the e-mail with the info and a link like the one i got bellow
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Information send for music
                Name : Benn
                Address : 123 close rd.
                City : Atlanta
                State : Georgia
                Contry : United State
                You R the : Promotor
                Song title : Seņorita de la Capital
                Artist Name : Clase candente
                Phone :
                Email : AtlantaHispano.NET********.com

The following file have been uploaded:
                Clase candente - Seņorita de la Capital - Atlantahispano.NET.mp3 Link:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                so in this case it make no sence to put: "uploads upload_mp3" in the hidding file
                or was this a change in the new BV?
                Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X