soholaunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soholaunch

I make memorial plaques which people purchase to place on the graves of their departed loved ones. Is it possible to build a site that would allow my customers to personalise their plaques by inserting and editing their own text and by uploading and then resizing etc their desired photos? Such sites are common enough - for example there are many sites which will allow you, for example, to design and customise your own greeting cards, or indeed entire publications. My question is, can such an 'interactive' site be created in Soholaunch? I would like to know if this is possible before signing on the dotted line. And am I right in thinking that my only financial commitment is to have vodahost host my web-site?

Re: soholaunch

Yes.. you can do this in soho by simply creating a form and attatching it to the product.

Yes.. one licensed copy of soho is included for the cost of your hosting. You wont owe anything to use soho or one of the other included builders if you so choose.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks Karen. would you mind looking at memorial-cards.ie to see the kind of interactive site I am talking about and then get back to me if Soho etc. can perform the same tricks?

Comment

walks

That link doesnt work.. goes to your hosting co so i disable it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

thanks anyway for trying. would you mind looking here to see what I'm after? www.memorial-card.ie or www.babycards.ie

Comment

your links dont work? it needs a .com or something. its incomplete

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sorry, Karen, for being such a nuisance. The links seem to work fine when I click on them in my own posting above. Could I please prevail upon you to try again? dot IE (.ie) is the registered Irish domain extension. Perhaps something is defective in the links my pc is providing you? Nonetheless, here they are again, in hope :www.memorial-card.ie and www.babycards.ie.
              Other possibilities, though from first glance these sites are unnecessarily complex, might include http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/magazine.php (DESIGN YOUR OWN POSTER: here, where there 17 fields in which you can input text, I would only offer 4 text input fields)
              www.mycardmaker.com www.imagekind.com

Thanks again for your patience ... Am really ready to get cracking with Soholaunch asap!
              Last edited by Karen Mac; 05-14-2009, 07:09 PM. Reason: trying to fix the links

Comment

though your idea is sound the approach is a little off, nether soho or in fact bluevoda will be able to do this, the software needs to be hand written by a programmer php or flash. as it is a stand alone program by itself alot like a forum or other scripts.
                weather this script is available to buy on the open market would need to be checked out. other wise your looking at paying a programmer to come up with what you want.
                Though if you do find one or acquire one you should be able to incorporate it into ether builder.

on your second question yes just for the hosting and or domain name if bought though VH.
                Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Soho wont do this without some major customizing.

You do need a script like iphoto or stock photo. I dont know that you need one totally built for you. You could also look at cms scripts and addons to see if these would work for you as well.

I dont think it needs any flash to do this.. scripting yes. I do think scripts exist that will do this for you and can be installed on your vodahost account.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X