Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set up a "mailto" link on my webpage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I set up a "mailto" link on my webpage?

Hi......Could someone tell me or point me to a video tutorial about setting up an email link on my webpage.
    In my contact us page I have just simply typed my email address onto the page but what I need to do is to enable this so that when someone clicks on link it will open up their email.
    If you want to visit the page and see what I mean then please use the link below.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Colin

Re: How do I set up a "mailto" link on my webpage?

Hi Colin,

That's easy to do.

1) In BlueVoda use your cursor to highlight the text (guess that would be your e-mail address) on your page that you want to link to the user's e-mail account.

2) In BV's top menu, click "Insert" and go down to the "Link" option. Click on it and the "Insert Hyperlink" dialog box will open.

3) In the "Link Type" dropdown menu, choose "mailto" and then in the "URL" box, after "mailto:" type in your e-mail address.

That's all you have to do. Now I have a question for YOU: Can you please follow the steps above, preview your page and try clicking the e-mail address, so that your own e-mail program opens up, ready to take a message to your address?

And when it does, is your address listed correctly in the "To:" box of the message that comes up? I ask this because my address in the "To:" box is NOT listed correctly. Instead of appearing as "info@domain.com" it appears in the "To:" box as "infofo@domain.com." It does that no matter what address I use--it just repeats the last two characters to the left of the "@" in the address.

Very frustrating as you can imagine. Are you having the same problem when you test your page?

Comment

Ah . . . I seem to have solved my own problem, and I think this will help you also, Colin:

In step #3 of my instructions, be sure NOT to leave a space between "mailto:" and the e-mail address. Just took out that one space and the e-mail address immediately started appearing exactly right in the "To:" box. Amazing.

Comment

jimchicago

If you post your web address/url here we might be able to answer your question.........
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

How can we set up our emails on web page?and also "mailto" link on my page
          .................................................. ............
          Ray Tray
          Alabama Alcohol Addiction Treatment

Comment

Working...
          X