Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hard Drive -Really Need Help!!!

Hi all
    i downloaded bloe voda 10 monday ..not sure if there is any bugs in it..but i have just had to get a new harddrive!!
    it was the only thing i downloaded!
    anywhy i am sure you nice people will sort it out!
    i now have a new harddrive like i said, my problem is all my blue voda pages are on my other drive ( that i can not get into!)
    also my back up cd is not playing the game :(
    is there a way of getting my pages back on blue voda...can i somehow get them from my Cpanle?
    if i can would someone tell me how. i would be very greatful :)
    many thanks ( apart from that, thankyou blue voda 10 is looking really Fantastic
    adele
    I ALSO ONLY HAVE BLUE VODA 10 ON MY COMPUTER IS IT OK?? TO USE?
    Organic Baby
    www.little-butterfly.co.uk
    Please review my site: Thank You :)
    www.qype.co.uk/place/113508-little-butterfly-Huddersfield

Re: New Hard Drive -Really Need Help!!!

BV 10 is still in beta- so you might want to download BV9.

You do not have any of your computer saved anywhere? To any external sources? Is it impossible to get anything off your old hard drive? (If not to all the above, you've just learned a very hard lesson about the importance of backing up and saving to another source).

Yes, you can bring pages from the cpanel, but you'll have to do quite a bit of work with them. Search the forum as the instructions have been given over and over again to others in this situation.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Organic Baby,

Buy a 1GB [USB2] Thumbdrive.

Copy your C:\MyDocuments\BlueVoda files and all the other images under this folder to your Thumbdrive and
      recopy the files from your Thumbdrive to your new hard drive.

It is simpler and faster than downloading from your site.

If you prefer to do it the harder way open BV- select File - select new page- select from existing html file.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I use Mozy.com for backups. You can back-up up to 2GB free at their site. I pay $4.95/month for their Pro service and currently have about 8 GB that is maintained. You install it and set the parameters (such as 'don't back up until PC has been quiet for 20 minutes', etc) and it will automatically back up whichever files you select. If they're program files, it will ask you if you are sure you want to back them up since they are available but will do so if you say yes.
        And I believe even if you take something off the backup list, they still keep it for 30 days in case you change your mind. I've never had to recover anything from them (Thank Goodness) but I learned the hard way once.
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
        Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
        Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Hindsight should be 20/20
          A 100GB external hard drive is under $100. I learned that lesson the hard way.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Well, I use a service like jcaywood, although a different one - as I watched a friends computer get stolen and with it the external hard drive. So, I don't want my two in the same place.

But again, that's way better than no backup - and yep, hindsight is 20/20 - or should be as stated :)
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Is the old drive toast? Can you put it in a extenal drive case w/ usb connection and see it? That's the way I have my old drive as a backup, but the cord goes away from my box and behind the desk wall.
              Good Luck!!
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

hi all thanks for all your help
                SAman, the old one was toast!!! but i got into it and got my work! with an external drive case as you said. thank you
                Organic Baby
                www.little-butterfly.co.uk
                Please review my site: Thank You :)
                www.qype.co.uk/place/113508-little-butterfly-Huddersfield

Comment

Working...
                X