BV product suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV product suggestions

Hi guys, been playing around with the web builder and i must say im very impressed ive done courses learning Dreamweaver and the like but there some of the hardest programs to use, i built a copy of a page i did with dreamweaver on BV and it took me 15 minutes to *******te a page that took me 4 hours ???
    For the last week ive been waiting for the hidden catch to come and bite me on the butt, but im 100% convinced BV is the real deal.
    So back to the point im doing a Ecommerce site (with shopping carts and the like) with around 45 pages, what web hosting product should i go for with Voda Host im a total novice with hosting, ive never done it, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

P.S i Love the Forums, they are a big part of Blue Vodas ease of use. 99% of the questions have already been answered here, its just a mater of finding them :)
    Dean

ACE Wargames
    A Games Workshop Reseller

Re: BV product suggestions

Ive had another look but i can still only find the one plan with 3 different ways of paying (monthly,Yearly, or every 3 years) is this correct, or im just not looking hard enough.

Sorry for what could seam like dumb questions, im just a total novice to the web hosting stuff.
    Dean

ACE Wargames

Comment

There is only one plan, you get a discount the further in advance you pay for. If you pay monthly you pay more then if you pay them in advance for 3 years

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

watdaflip is correct

With Voda Hostiing - you get everything - there isn't another thing to buy ...

And I would suggest having a look at soholaunch, free with your voda hosting account, to use to build your ecomm store or if you do choose blue voda you will want to usepay as your shopping cart or even check with other members, like Bethers in regards to asking her about her cart management system ..

Everything is here .. No biting here!! All free snacks and a world of help at your fingertips!!

Welcome!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I like building my ecommerce sites in BV - not Soho - but both will work well - make sure you look at what's best for YOU. You can't go wrong with VH as you have so many options!
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi, worth remembering that you can use lots of different carts, but worth keeping in mind that if you want to use soho & BV together? You might be better loading/using soho in the main public_html & using BV if you find it more flexible for other parts of the site in another directory.
            Or BV as the main builder & soho in a sub domain.

Only a thought.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys & gals much appreciated.

Well that definatly makes chosing a product much easier ;) only one to pick lol
              ive looked at some others in Australia and for 1 GB it will cost $600 a year???? VH is 600GB and after the exchange rate it will be $220 for 3 years and no paying extra for a domain name!!! big difference in price. Plus all the features it has, you dont need to pay extra for anything,
              they had me at hello ;)

I was going to try Soho but ive already done so much with BV i just love the setup the buttons every thing about BV so i thought id try it with BV first see how it goes then if it doesnt work out then try another program

With my site Bethers ive tryed using the PayPal generated 'add to cart' and 'view cart' buttons (not the one's in BV they wont let you go back to your site, so it hinders multible purchases) and they seem to work great only prob is the html format that paypal have them in. When you copy and paste them into the html view of the webpage it wont show up on the page? but i clicked on the 'created a html square button' moved it to where i wanted it, then pasted the PayPal tab in that and it works fine. And thats the only real hickup ive had so far!!!
              Dean

ACE Wargames

Comment

Working...
              X