Windows Media Player Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Media Player Files

I have two Windows Media Files on my website www.bbqsammages.com set up to start playing automatically. Each is on a seperate webpage.

I have no problem playing them in IE7 on my computer but a friend says they come up as a "red x" icon box in IE on their computer and nothing plays.

Also the Windows media player displays on my computer in Mozilla Firefox but the autostart doesn't work and clicking on play doesn't work either.

Re: Windows Media Player Files

OK I solved my Firefox problem. In Firefox you have to download the Windows Media Player plugin before you can play these files.

I downloaded it and they play just fine now

Comment

the same will hold true for your friend. if someone doesnot have windows media on their computor, it will not play. if someone has a mac it will not play. if you want your videos to play without fail, on demand, i would suggest you convert to swf file. you can go on my site and you will see both, but in the process of changing all of the videos to swf.
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

mrmagoo144 I'm trying to learn how to use a FLV player but it's really confusing. In the meantime I tried a swf video. When I preview, my movie is there but there are no controls on the "box". It's just a box with a video playing in it. How do I get controls?

Comment

Your friend has to install the FLV viewer first.

Windows has problems with open source program without the certified signature.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by touchedbyanangel View Post
            mrmagoo144 I'm trying to learn how to use a FLV player but it's really confusing. In the meantime I tried a swf video. When I preview, my movie is there but there are no controls on the "box". It's just a box with a video playing in it. How do I get controls?
            You actually need to install the player to get the controls, flash actually provides many players you can use, that is what I use to create customized controls on my website
            Check out:
            Great Windmill (A Place Where You Can Have Fun!)

You can do so much on the website, check it out!

Comment

Working...
            X