Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is it???

Hi all,
    I was wondering why my site couldn't be found on google without full URL?
    I was told my site was ****e, & needed metatags 'n all sorts of stuff that I don't know a lot about.
    I don't really need to be top of the polls on google or anything but I made lots of changes since & still no change.
    My site is a local biz job so all I need is that when I give some one my biz card they can put in my site www.legato.org.uk & they get to it.

Have a look at my site & tell me what I need to do. Any advice appreciated. While I don't need to be top of the charts, I don't object to featuring well.!!
    Ta
    eoinmc

Re: Where is it???

You should create a sitemap and submit it to google as demonstrated in this VodaHost tutorial: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...generator.html

After you do all this, it can still take a couple of weeks before the search engines pay attention to you.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

This question was answered for you already http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/dom...-full-url.html
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

It wasn't answered already. The suggestions from the earlier answers have been applied to the best of my ability. That's why I've put up a new thread in this area - so I can get people to take a look and see if the changes I have made have improved my possibility of allowing people get through to my site using the web address www.legato.org.uk or maybe even through a keyword.
        eoinmc

Comment

If that is the case you should have continued with the same thread. Opening a new thread for the same issue is not advised.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Its not the same thread. I am putting my newly revised site in the area suggested where people can take a look at it and get an opinion. I made lots of mistakes with the first one, and my results reflected that. I am now asking people to look at my site with a view to finding out if it is an improvement and better meets the criteria that will likely bring me better results.
            Why don't you check it out and give me an opinion? That would be far more useful to me than us getting bogged down as to whether or not I should have started this thread.
            I'm just looking for a site review, and never considered it to be the same thread.

Comment

....good-looking site......a bit "wordy" for me but maybe necessary?
              Only checked the first page & you seem to have a small problem with"its/it's"!! Extremely common error, by the way........its with an ' (it's) is used when the writer wishes to say "it is" eg here:
              It's All About People
              When used as a possessive pronoun eg: I sat on a chair & its leg broke, there is no '
              Go through the page & check all your "its" :)

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks - I hadn't spotted that. I'll check it over, and maybe I'll look into the wordy bit too.
                Best Regards
                eoinmc

Comment

Hello Eoinmc,

Ok I have looked through your website and have some sugestions. These are just what I see that could use some help and I think it would help you too.

1. page-course online, needs to be centered. It's sitting far left.
                  2.Most all your paragraphs are on left column, you should have them in block or center column. it makes a difference when there is a lot of writing.
                  3. Create some kind of border that seperates your work from the background. It can be as simple as a black line border or as creative as you want it to be. this will help show structure.
                  4.Your sentence structure needs help. You have GREAT! content but your need help on how you work things for better flow purposes.
                  5.The spaces on your home page and any page that follows suite, between blocks of information that have seperate color backgrounds. You should tighten those up a little bit, meaning just bring them closer so its not so spread out.
                  6.also the background is white which is ok only for some website and all depends on the content and it's atrabutes. White backgrounds often are to sensetive for the eyes because it is so bright. You would be better off useing a different color that would help all the other colors POP out on the page. But that is up to you.

Other than that I think it looks good and it can look even better when you put your mind and creative side in it.

I hope this heps.

Comment

Thanks Kevin,
                    It does help, bigtime.
                    I'll get to it, and gradually work in some or all of those ideas.
                    Hadn't thought about the white background. What you say makes a lot of sense.
                    Muchos apprecciatos

eoinmc

Comment

The first impression is the lasting impression.

You present yoursite as a pro consultancy site.

But there is nothing professional about your site!

The presentation of the messages you want to put through to your
                      visitors has none or very little impact.

Your colour selection is poor.

The moment I landed on your site, I want to fly away!

There is no retention power to make visitors stay and read all those words
                      that you are trying to impart.
                      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Zuriatman,

That was a little rude don't you think? I mean at least show a little care in the words you use when helping someone.

Comment

If 10 persons look at it, they will have at least 8 if not 10 different opinions.

There is no set methodology or process that you can go by and
                          develop your site. The tradition being a menu-driven website. But it's
                          not truly essential.

Nevertheless
                          Some folks would suggest that index page is a gateway to the
                          rest of your website. The objective must be clear and concise
                          and the words [read keywords] should flow with the theme and
                          the basic concept of what you want to relate to others.

I believe who[m]ever does it will be looked upon favorably by the
                          search engines.

Look at your website as if you are another visitor. Would it
                          attract you enough that you would read the whole index page?
                          It should be somewhat in the middle of too short and too long.

Does it convey your concept and idea as a message to the user
                          in a simple and concise manner? Remember this is the index page.

Is it engaging and interesting enough?

The presentation is as important as the content. The reverse is
                          also true.
                          Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys,
                            There's so much of it that I don't know what to do with it at this stage.
                            I'll work on it. The parts that I understand anyway!
                            Eoinmc

Comment

Originally posted by Mind Game Creations.com View Post
                              Zuriatman,

That was a little rude don't you think? I mean at least show a little care in the words you use when helping someone.

Say it from your heart.

You can comment on the post in any which way you want to as long as you are truthful.

But you do not have the perogative or the right to pass judgement on fellow Members.

Who do you think you are to say I am rude when I am giving my opinion on what I personally think of his website presentation.
                              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                              X