X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV + Images on new computer

www.sanshinmartialarts.com
    I got a new computer and transferred all my blue voda files over as well as downloaded the website builder but when I open my pages to work on them, all of the images are missing. The images are in the bv files that I transferred but not on the pages. Does anyone know what I need to do?
    Thanks.

Re: transferring website builder to new computer

You need to "re-establish" them in both page structure and upon your system (folders) >> Trying to retrieve LOST photos
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: BV + Images on new computer

Where in my computer's hard drive do I copy this to? I had already copied my blue voda files including images from my documents of my old computer to the new one and I see the folder there in the documents of my new one but my pictures aren't showing on the website builder.

Comment

Personally, I prefer to have separate folders for images, page text documents, and everything else all within a "Main" folder named for each "domain" and to keep these folders in My Documents for easy access: it just helps to organize things, IMO.
        Windows7 has a different means of creating a "My Documents" directory, but essentially the concept is the same.
        It is from this new 'folder' that you will import the images to "replace" on your pages before publishing them once again.

Before you published your pages originally, you must have had to import your images from a source folder, yes? Upon publishing, BV will "add" images and shapes to the Images folder within BV, but that is not the same as the original source path (original folder image was stored before importing onto your page) that has been 'broken' when transferring to a new computer: you need to re-create a new source path .... and that means once you created a new folder with all your images outside of BV (source), you will need to re-import the images onto your pages (source path) and re-publish. Each computer has peculiar "coding" that is singular to each (for computer ID purposes), and that is why simply having a duplicated Images Folder in My Documents is being treated as "non-associated" to your page files. You need to manually re-establish the association ...

This re-establishing of source paths for each image duplicates the original process that was created when the pages were first designed .... you are merely "fixing" what is missing on an entirely new system.

Comment

Does this mean that I have to individually put every picture back on each page?

Comment

Originally posted by senseisandy View Post
            Does this mean that I have to individually put every picture back on each page?
            Yes ...
            Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            ... you will need to re-import the images onto your pages (source path) and re-publish. You need to manually re-establish the association ... for each image .... you are merely "fixing" what is missing on an entirely new system.
            As mentioned in the original [linked] post, this required task is a minor inconveneince compared to re-creating a website completely.

Comment

Working...
            X