This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal shipping option

I am trying to set up the paypal option on my site. I was wondering if there is a way to change the shipping to reflect lower shipping when more items are purchased. EX: 1 item to ship is $3.00 2 items is $3.50 but when I have it set now it shows 2 items at $6.00. Is there anyway to change that or is there another pay option that would be a better option?

Re: Paypal shipping option

youd need a custom cart for that.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Where would I find one? would any of the other types work better EX: Zen Cart?

Comment

Naval or I could set you up with one.. or you could use mals ecart.

Zen cart is a store builder, as is soholaunch etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

It's not a free cart but CoffeeCup offer a Shopping cart that if using Paypal or google checkout will do this by setting the minimum shipping charge then setting the product per item charge.
          in the pipeline is max charge and % discount shipping.

You can check out the function on our Demo
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Both ZEN and osCommerce (both "free" carts via Fantastico in your VodaHost Control Panel) have an available plug-in that allows "non-tiered" shipping options to be set up as you described, but in using a variable like this does not allow Shipping options to be applied to a full inventory --- you have to set it up item by item, which is more work than a lot of people want to do, unless you inventory does not exceed, say, 150 items.

Magento also has this ability, but is a much more complicated cart to figure out hosting for as well as installaing it manually, especially for "beginners" ....

I suggest you look deeper into the ZEN and osCommerce Communities to find all the plug-in's and other solutions prior to committing to any one shopping cart solution. It is simply easier to have everything pre-planned and detailed, so not to forget any aspect or get overwhelmed from the very start of things!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK so I installed the zen cart from my cpanel. But I am confused as to how to get it to work. I have it saved in mydutchoven.com/sale but I don't know how to link it to my products or set up individual shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                I suggest you look deeper into the ZEN and osCommerce Communities to find all the plug-in's and other solutions prior to committing to any one shopping cart solution. It is simply easier to have everything pre-planned and detailed, so not to forget any aspect or get overwhelmed from the very start of things!
                Originally posted by ajoa View Post
                OK so I installed the zen cart from my cpanel. But I am confused as to how to get it to work. I have it saved in mydutchoven.com/sale but I don't know how to link it to my products or set up individual shipping.
                VodaHost Tutorials for ZEN Cart > http://www.vodahost.com/tut_zencart.htm

More - Bottom of Page > http://php.opensourcecms.com/free/videos.php

Another Library > http://www.2serveu.net/Zen-Cart.htm

Comment

Ok I watched the tutorial and did like it said, created Store then uploaded the zen cart files. However it will only allow my to upload in whole the zip file. Which wont work. When I try to upload the unzipped file it makes me to it 1 file at a time, it wont do the whole folder.

Comment

Then make the time to upload each file individually .... not everything can be expected to take one or two clicks of the mouse, and often the Tutorials are more "General" rather than "specific" in illustrating the processes required (due to the fact scripts are constantly being updated and multiple versions in use: the conceptual instructions are always the same, however).

Again, if you are experiencing difficulties, you should familiarize yourself completely with the ZEN Cart Support Community, where you will find solutions to every challenge along with the tips and techniques you should use to successfully install, configure, and use Zen Cart with complete confidence.

Comment

Ok so I didn't actually need to upload them one at a time, I just need to use the correct file when uploading :) I was using the blue voda file manager and should have been using my ftp uploader. That uploads it all at once.

Now I went through the steps to upload it on to my site and it show in my file manager the zen cart files. and I changed the permissions. But it tells me I need to go to mydutchoven.com/store and when I do I get the error
                      The requested URL /store was not found on this server.
                      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can you tell me what I did wrong

Comment

so.. avail yourself of the zen cart forum. Not many here use it or recommend it. I believe Vasili already LINKED you once.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I figured out what I did wrong on my own

Comment

Then i guess its a waste of time to answer you or continue the thread no?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                            X