Google search results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google search results

Quick easy question i hope, just wondering what determains the google search results, is it all to do with meta tags and h tags, and if lets say your are top of the list on page 1 for e.g car accessories and then a new company creates a web site will they automatically replace you,
    hope this made sense.
    Pam
    Were not there yet but were getting there!!!
    Mobile hairdresser Mullingar Westmeath

Re: Google search results

Originally posted by hairs.pam View Post
    Quick easy question i hope, just wondering what determains the google search results, is it all to do with meta tags and h tags, and if lets say your are top of the list on page 1 for e.g car accessories and then a new company creates a web site will they automatically replace you,
    hope this made sense.
    Pam
    There are many issues to deal with to get your website as high as possible on the search engines, these are liable to change at any time (and often do)

Good text content on your website (pay attention to grammar and spelling) ensuring your content is not only clear and precise to your visitors but will also allow the search engines crawling your website to place you under the correct keyphrases to suit the nature of your services/goods.

Well planned and researched page titles, keywords and page descriptions for EVERY page.

Links from other well ranked and related websites showing the importance of your website.

Ongoing maintenance of your website, keeping it up to date, working etc

Well planned and executed marketing of your business throughout the net, including networking sites, forums (get involved don't just spam them), suitable directories, submiting unique editorials.

Don't just also rely on the internet to push your business. Talk to people you meet, your friends, family.... the milkman.... you'll be surprised how much business comes this way. If need be, think about other forms of advertising, magazines, local newspapers. Have business cards with your website address on printed and keep some on you at ALL times.

There's loads more you can do, and you can never scour the internet researching this ENOUGH! There's always things to learn and not everything works as well for everyone so experiment a bit.

Sites rarely take off overnight, took me 3 years to get my wedding directory where it is today so it earns me a full time revenue, but never give up.

You have to remember that as you say, new sites come along all the time. Going that little bit further with yours than the next guy may just stop them from overtaking you!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for that
      I better get busy so,
      Were not there yet but were getting there!!!
      Mobile hairdresser Mullingar Westmeath

Comment

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
        X