Link to Password Protected File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to Password Protected File

Please bare with me. I am very new to this and I hope you all can tolerate my ignorance.

I followed the directions on the video(password protect) and did that successfully :). what I am having a problem with is linking my navigation button to that folder.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!!
    Scott Jacobs
    www.muggibear.com
    www.choicerealtors.biz

Re: Link to Password Protected File

If your website is named http://mysite.com
    and your folder is named myfolder

then the link url would be http://mysite.com/myfolder
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I feel a little better about myself...lol , Thats what I did but it brings up page not found.
      Scott Jacobs
      www.muggibear.com
      www.choicerealtors.biz

Comment

Created Password Protected Folder - HELP!!

Got the password to work properly and the link.- Thanks!!

New question- In this folder I uploaded a bunch of pictures, when I log into the folder all it shows is the names of the files and you have have to click on each link to view the pic. What do I need to do in order for the pictures to show instead of the file names?

You can see what I am talking about @ muggibear.com/momanddad
        Scott Jacobs
        www.muggibear.com
        www.choicerealtors.biz

Comment

You need to either publish a page with links on the page to those images called index. Remember you already have 1 page called this, so create another folder for it on your machine to save overwriting the old index page.
          Your link would then be http://mysite.com/myfolder/
          Or just make a page called? (my-photos) & publish it to public_html/myfolder/ & the
          link will be http://mysite.com/myfolder/my-photos.html
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I would like to password protect my members page http://www.pismocreekrv.com/members.html. I have watched the tutorial on "password protecting directories" but when I clicked on Password Protecting Directories in the CPanel, clicked "Up One Level" I dont see the directory "members", just Current Folder, access-logs, etc, mail, public_ftp, public_html, tmp & www. It seems the only page I can password protect is the home page which is not what I want to do. What am I doing wrong? Please help.
            www.pismocreekrv.com
            Danielle

Comment

Your moving the wrong direction in your directory path..

Your full path is /home/username/public_html/directory.

You are moving <--

you should be navigating -->

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Danielle@WPA View Post
                I would like to password protect my members page http://www.pismocreekrv.com/members.html. I have watched the tutorial on "password protecting directories" but when I clicked on Password Protecting Directories in the CPanel, clicked "Up One Level" I dont see the directory "members", just Current Folder, access-logs, etc, mail, public_ftp, public_html, tmp & www. It seems the only page I can password protect is the home page which is not what I want to do. What am I doing wrong? Please help.
                www.pismocreekrv.com
                Have you 1st created a new folder in cpanel under the public_html area called members ? Then published the page called members to public_html/members/
                The link to this page would then be www.mysite.com/members/members.html
                You should now be able to have the members folder come up in the area for password protecting.

Ah! WF is quicker on the fingers. lol
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for you help "Collectors-info"

I added a folder in cpanel under public_html called members and now it shows up under the directory.....yipeee! Added my password protection but now that link shows Webpage cannot be found so how do I publish the page called members to public_html/members/. Thru BV or cpanel?
                  Danielle

Comment

Okay Chris I figured it out but now I have more quesitons. When I go to the members site, enter the user name & password I'm allowed in but then if I click any link within the members section...say to a word doc... the password protect box pops up again and again. How can I get that to stop. Also after closing out of the website completely then loging back one, clicking on the members site again the password protect box does not pop up again, access is granted. How can I fix that also.

Feedback appricated.

Smiles,
                    Danielle
                    Danielle

Comment

Really could use someones help with this issue!!! Please!!!

Originally posted by Danielle@WPA View Post
                      Okay Chris I figured it out but now I have more quesitons. When I go to the members site, enter the user name & password I'm allowed in but then if I click any link within the members section...say to a word doc... the password protect box pops up again and again. How can I get that to stop. Also after closing out of the website completely then loging back one, clicking on the members site again the password protect box does not pop up again, access is granted. How can I fix that also.

Feedback appricated.

Smiles,
                      Danielle
                      Danielle

Comment

Working...
                      X