Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Crashed on My Computer! Need to start over from scratch on husband's computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Crashed on My Computer! Need to start over from scratch on husband's computer

My domain name is: miriammorgan.com

Okay, here's what happened: My operating system (Windows Vista) completely crashed on my laptop computer. I mean it's completely GONE, along with (obviously) my Blue Voda website builder, which was set up to automatically log me on to edit and publish my pages. I also had shortcuts to my control panels, including my email control panel, which are now of course gone. I now have to start over from scratch.

I have downloaded and installed the site builder on this computer, but it does not recognize my password. Same with the FTP manager. I am unable to download the pages from my site so I can edit them. When I try to login to CPanel, it just says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

I did submit a support ticket to Blue Voda but have not yet received a response. Anyone here have a clue they can lend me? Maybe it's asking a lot, but what I really need is step-by-step instructions.

Thanks Much,
    Miriam Morgan

Re: Windows Crashed on My Computer! Need to start over from scratch on husband's comp

Make sure you are logging into the correct IP address, this is the most common problem with it not recognizing your password. Also make sure that your computer settings are not blocking you, check your fire wall also.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Re: Windows Crashed on My Computer! Need to start over from scratch on husband's comp

Thanks for the quick response, D'son. How do I check that I'm logging in from the correct IP address?

Comment

Have you kept a backup/hardcopy of your welcome email? That will have your correct IP# ??? Otherwise the Support team will have to help you.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by MimiMorgan View Post
          Thanks for the quick response, D'son. How do I check that I'm logging in from the correct IP address?

You can check your domain at who is and your name servers will be listed and you can match this up when you go to log in here
          If you cannot log in because of your password, support will reset it for you, let them know, yes.

Originally posted by MimiMorgan View Post
          My domain name is: miriammorgan.com

I have downloaded and installed the site builder on this computer, but it does not recognize my password. Same with the FTP manager. I am unable to download the pages from my site so I can edit them. When I try to login to CPanel, it just says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".
          As well, you will need to import your files from the internet, you wont find them in your control panel .. you can download your images from your file manager or right click and copy off of your site ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

LadyEye, thank you for all the help! The only thing I still need to do is to reset my passwords, but I think I should be able to recover everything. I was also going to remove some pages from my site before my computer crashed -- not sure exactly how that's going to work yet. Do I just download them to my site builder and then delete them, then publish? I'm so confused.

It'll be a long slogging road to get this all fixed, but I'll get there. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X