Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Pages Question

Hi,
    I have a problem with saving my pages when updated them. What's really happened...I made the first design and published the page. After sometime I decided to update the information on the pade. I did it. Then I saved the page using the botton "Save as..."...Once click this bottom, the window comes "The page is already exists. Would you like to replace it?"...I click "Yes"...then I close the page. When I try to open it again, the updated information is not saved.
    I tried the other option of saving as well. In this case I just close the page and click "Save the changes"...And I have the same result: the updated information is not saved.
    What am I doing wrong? Can you help me please? How can I save the updated pages?
    Thank you for your help in advance.
    www.vitagolf.org

Re: Can not save updates on pages

This appears to be unique to you and your system only ...

Download a fresh copy of BlueVoda and install it as directed (on your Desktop, over any previously installed copy - do not delete BV from your system, as this will also delete any saved pages) to assure a fully operational version to work with.

*When using BV12, you must not use the SAVE PAGE AS method to duplicate pages or to "re-name" pages, even if importing Pages or Page HTML into BlueVoda (all of which will require re-coding, re-configuration, or simply adding new to the page), as this will conflict with how the new coding of BV12 is written and result in ill-formatted or dysfunctional elements on your pages (especially if attempting to use the "BV PHP Include" or the "Single Page Menu BV + PHP" method, either of which is no longer usable). Instead, create a page template or use the CLONE method and proceed to manually embed each dynamic element (Menu, scripts, etc.) onto the page using the COPY+PASTE method, making sure each element is uniquely added to the page before you Save it and Publish. Also important is to name each image uniquely for each page, and to not embed (Paste) universally the same image with the same Title.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Can not save updates on pages

Hello Vasili,
      I tried to download the BlueVoda builder using the link above but it did not work out. What was my mext step?
      Anyway I want to re-design my website. I deleted BlueVoda website builder from my computer. Then I downloaded and instulled it again.
      While instullation time, I received the message about error, that thereis something wrong with the ClipArt, I ignored it and continue instullation. It was completed successfully.
      Then. I opened new page, made simple design and tried to save it the way I watched in the tutorial.
      It did not work out as the message "Failed to save document".
      What can I do now? What's going wrong? Can you advise?
      www.vitagolf.org

Comment

Re: Can't SAVE updated pages!

Refer to this post regarding Troubleshooting BlueVoda installations ..... apparently, your downloads are being corrupted (a connection issue), and using the suggested downloader tool may offer the assurance you need for file integrity during transfer.

* You are not reading carefully the instructions I went to length to emphasize:
        Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        Download a fresh copy of BlueVoda and install it as directed (on your Desktop, over any previously installed copy - do not delete BV from your system, as this will also delete any saved pages) to assure a fully operational version to work with.

Comment

OK...I selected the function to install BlueVoda on the Desktop. The system installed it on the Desktop and there a lot of separate files saved on the Desktop (stensils, lightbox, gallery, irunim and many more...). So, I added a created a New folder with the name TOOLS in BlueVoda file and stored all those files there.

Then I was able to open Blank page and save it as Index.

The I decided to design it. I made a simple design (just a background of page and added a rollover banner). I saved it using botton "Save" and closed it. Then I opened this Index page again and here is nothing saved. Why???
          Can yhou help me?
          www.vitagolf.org

Comment

Again ... you have improperly installed BlueVoda. It is supposed to self-install upon the Desktop as a single unified ".exe" program (not as in your case, with the Program and individual executable files). DELETE YOUR PRESENT INSTALLATION AND ALL ASSOCIATED FILES, AND TRY AGAIN

After 'designing' your first page using BlueVoda, you will SAVE PAGE AS which BlueVoda will automatically open the SAVE Dialog where you are expected to give this page a naame (Title) and indicate which "folder" to save it in: if this page is to be associated with the Primary Domain on your VodaHost hosting account, you will simply save it to the Default Folder; if it is for an Add-On or Sub-Domain in the single hosting account, you will need to create a new Folder, Title it, and Save it to this distinct folder so there will be no page conflicts or over-writing of page files named similarly.

YOU NEED TO REVIEW THE TUTORIALS AND FOLLOW THE OUTLINED INSTRUCTIONS PRECISELY AND TO REFRAIN FROM USING THE FORUMS FOR PERSONAL INSTRUCTION

Comment

I understand that you are tired from my questions. But where can I find an answers if not here??? It is support forum. That's why I am here.

NOW AGAIN. I followed your instructions: deleted all related to BlueVoda files, installed BlueVoda Website BUilder 12.2 standard version again Then I made a simple design and tried to save it in Default folder. DOES NOT WORK! Once I try to type the name of the page, the red frame comes around the window "Save as". Nothing is saving to Default folder.

Then I created an additional File folder named "BlueVoda". And another 3 file folders each one for 1 web site (as I have 3 websites running).
              I tried to save page to this additional folder. It works. It's saved. But I can not update it. Updates are not saving at all.

So, what should I do now? I need to re-design 3 websites and I am not able to do it.

Where I have to go to look for a help? Whom can I ask?

ANOTHER QUESTION. How do I save these additional File folders into Default BlueVoda folder? Or where to save it if not in Default? As I understand, I have to create an additional Folders in order to save the pages there (for my Addon and Sub domains). Right? So, where I have to save these additional folders?
              www.vitagolf.org

Comment

Re: Saving Pages Question

When you say updated pages are not saved at all, do you mean that when you go to publish them you do not see the changes or when you re-open them in bluevoda you do not see the changes, please answer this question exactly.

ANOTHER QUESTION. How do I save these additional File folders into Default BlueVoda folder? Or where to save it if not in Default? As I understand, I have to create an additional Folders in order to save the pages there (for my Addon and Sub domains). Right? So, where I have to save these additional folders?
                One problem at a time please, if you can not save, there is no use creating more folders.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
                  When you say updated pages are not saved at all, do you mean that when you go to publish them you do not see the changes or when you re-open them in bluevoda you do not see the changes, please answer this question exactly.
                  Yes, when I re-open the page in BlueVoda I do not see any changes.
                  From other side, if I edit some changes into the page and publish it without saving...The changes are apearing on the web site...but it is not saved on BlueVoda.

The main problem is that I can not save any page on Default BV folder. If I want to save as "index" and start typing...the window "save as" blocked from with the 1st letter "i"...
                  If I want to save the page with any different name, I can type the name...but later receive the message "Failed to save the document".
                  That's why I decided to try and create that additional BV File folders.

So, what was my steps? First of all when I started facing this problem, I deleted all BlueVoda files from my laptop. Then I installed standard version of BV 12.2 using this link http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...on-12-2-a.html from Voda Support Forum.

As soon as I am not able to save any pages in Default folder of BV, I created an additional BlueVoda file folder and saved it on the Desktop. Then I created the File folder "Oryxcamp" (for my add-on domain) and saved it in that additional BV File folder.

So, now I have 2 files of BV on my Desktop:
                  1). Downloaded BV Website Builder (I downloaded it from VodaTalk site)
                  2). BlueVoda File folder (an additional one with the file for my add-on domain, created by myself)

Then I open Blank page in BlueVoda and made some design. I saved it with the name of "index.bvp" in "Oryxcamp" file folder. It's saved. When I open it again, all design is there. Thanks God, it's saved! So, I close it.

When I wanted to edit this page, I open it again....added some changed. Then clicked botton "Save". Then closed the edited page. But when I open it again, there are not any saved editions.
                  Nothing has been saved there.

What did I noticed? If I want to design and publish some page, I need to design it from A to Z on the blank page, save it and publish immediately. But later, I will not be able to add any additional info into this page.

That's how I was able to manage design, saving and publishing of our simple "Contact" page for Oryx Camp here www.oryx-camp.com .

So, I am complitely stocked. Please help.
                  www.vitagolf.org

Comment

what version of windows do you have? make sure to close down all other programs while your desiging and saving, also downlaod and run the below...it will clean your system.

Try CCleaner Professional for free. Clean up your PC automatically and increase your performances and online privacy.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello,

Maybe really something wrong with my PC system?

At the moment I use **** laptop and Windows 7 as operational system (but Russian version). Last October I replaced my old HP laptop by this new ****. It was in Russia. I bought my old laptop in UAE and it has completely English version and had Windows XP as operationsl system installed.
                      But in Russia they could not install full English version in a new laptop. They did not have Windows XP as well. They were managed to fix Russian version of Windows 7 with some of the programs in English. That's all.

I managed to design my website www.vitagolf.org from the old laptop and did not have any problems with saving and publishing. But started to have these problems with the new laptop.

Maybe it can be a reason? What do you think? Maybe I need to re-install the operational system of my new laptop???
                      www.vitagolf.org

Comment

Let me ask, try creating a test page from scratch and publishing...lets see if this works, maybe when you transferred computers you corrupted the pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

OK. I designed TEST page www.vitagolf.org/test.html and published it under the main domain name. Yes, it works. I can save a new page in the additional File Folder...but not in the Default BlueVoda file folder.
                          Ok. I saved it in VitaGolf file folder (I created this folder in an additional File folder and saved it in the desktop), opened it again and published. Then I decided to open it again and edd some changes. I did it. Then I closed the page. The system asked if I want to save the changes to the page. I said YES. The page was closed.
                          When I opened it again, the changes was NOT there. So, it does not work.

If I understand correctly...when I want to open any page, the Default folder of BlueVoda (which comes with an installation) is apearing on the screen and I have to chose the file from there.
                          Then, if I want to save the new page...I send the command "Save page as"...then again this BlueVpda default folder comes on the screen. I need to type the name of the file and save it in default folder. But once I start letter "i", the screen "Save as" gets frozen...
                          If I start to type any other word, I can type and send command "Save"....and receive message "Failed to save the document"...

What am I thinking now? Maybe I corrupted the pages of Vita Golf domain, starting with "index" page, when I changed my laptop?

I have 3 domains and all of them registered under vitagolf.org:
                          vitagolf.org - main domain
                          oryx-camp.com - addon domain
                          gta.vitagolf.org - subdomain

Maybe it will be reasonable to delete ALL pages from the internet (including index of vitagolf.org) ???....and then try again from the scratch? Maybe it will work?
                          www.vitagolf.org

Comment

Yes, I think somehow you have corrupted the pages and this is the heart of the issue.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok. What shall I do now? What are the steps? How can I correct the situation? Can you suggest?
                              www.vitagolf.org

Comment

Working...
                              X