This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal "Add to Cart" button??

I have experimented with the "Add to Cart" button and it seems to be almost useless, unless I'm not understanding the correct way to use it!

First, the properties box has no provisions for shipping costs.

Second, when you click on the button; it takes you to PayPal shopping cart, BUT the only choice for the customer is to either change qty.; remove item; or go to checkout!

How about "Continue" shopping?? Shouldn't that be a choice?

I would probably upgrade to actually sell online, but was wondering why the "Add to Cart" button in BV didn't have a provision for shipping costs and Continue shopping feature?

Re: PayPal "Add to Cart" button??

When you went to PayPal to create the code, and you first entered a price, did that price have shipping charges? If not, the code does not have an area for shipping charges. So try again to make sure that you have an amount in the block at PayPal for some charge for shipping. This will put the line for shipping charges in the code - you can then correct the charges on your page by editing the html code the same as you can the product and price.

And when you click "Add to Cart" and the popup appears, it is probably minimized. Scroll down and there should be a "Continue Shopping" button there next to 'Proceed to Checkout'.
    Also make sure you are copying all of the code at PayPal by 'select all' and then copy.
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Thanks for responding, jcaywood. But, in BV there is a PayPal tool bar that lets you add the PayPal buttons to your web page. You just click one of the PayPal icons, (in this case...the Add to Cart icon), and that places a button on your page.

Dbl clicking the button opens the properties window and allows you to put in the item info,(but no shipping info). Then when you preview that page and click on the button; it takes you to the PayPal cart. But at that point, there is no "continue shopping" button!

I thought the PayPal button features in BV was to allow you to add those features, without having to go to PayPal and generate code?

Comment

Sorry, but you got me there. I did not use the BV buttons, I went to PayPal and ran two codes - one with shipping and one without shipping. Then I just copied/pasted those two codes into the buttons and edited each one to match the specific item.
        I'll let someone with more experience with BV buttons answer now.
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
        Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
        Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

The 'Buy Now' buttons contain the field for adding shipping.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks again jcaywood & Ramsey.

I guess I should have gotten right to the bottom line on this question and that is:

Why would I want to use the PayPal "Add to Cart" button in BV, if it doesn't provide the "continue shopping" feature?
            This feature, IMO, is the main reason to have an "Add to Cart" feature.

Comment

You can do all this within your Paypal account. The buttons on the web builder are just another nice little addition and I am sure are useful to some. If you are looking for a cart that does more then you just go into your paypal account and set up your own buttons that will generate 'continue shopping' etc.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks, Ramsey....will do!

Comment

The "Continue" function is already part of the PayPal page configuration ... there is no 'special effort' required!
                  Just remember to properly configure the return URL.

PayPal 101
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks, Vasili for the response.

I have taken PayPal 101, more often than I care to admit! However, the fact still remains that when I install the "Add to Cart" button and fill in all the necessary properties, (except "successful payment url), the resulting PayPal page displays no "continue shopping" link!
                    Could it be because I don't fill in the "successful payment" url?

Comment

LOL.....very strong possibility!

Comment

Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
                        Thanks, Vasili for the response.

I have taken PayPal 101, more often than I care to admit! However, the fact still remains that when I install the "Add to Cart" button and fill in all the necessary properties, (except "successful payment url), the resulting PayPal page displays no "continue shopping" link!
                        Could it be because I don't fill in the "successful payment" url?
                        The successful payment link is where you want your buyers to go AFTER they have completed their purchse on your site. This will not produce your 'continue shopping' button at this point. You don't really want a continue shopping button after their shopping experience anyway do you?

Please feel free to take your own decision and try it out though as I don't want to be seen to be giving false information. But I DO have experience of Paypals set up and can save you the time.

Comment

I'm really sorry folks, but you just aren't grasping the major point of my original post!

"Shipping costs" were just a minor mention and of very little concern to me.

"Continue shopping" feature,(that is missing from the BV PayPal button icon operation) is my concern. I merely wondered why I didn't encounter a "Continue shopping" button when I tested the "Add to Cart" button on a test page.

With all properties entered for the "Add to Cart" button; I previewed the test page. This took me to the PayPal cart. There, the only options for the cart page was, 1)change qty, 2)remove item, 3)Proceed to Checkout.

NO "Continue shopping" or "return to xxxxxxxx.com" button.

Now, I will go to PayPal to generate my buttons! I just couldn't understand of what use is the BV "Add to Cart" button!

BTW, Vasili....notice that filling in all the url info did not correct this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
                            BTW, Vasili....notice that filling in all the url info did not correct this problem.
                            Good to know.....I was assuming you were already doing it PayPal direct and not via BV, so to me, filling in the return info was the obvious missing element...... See what happens when I assume things? LOL At least I don't blow up your skirt, huh?

I am sure that when you do in fact create things PP-direct (from all the stories and from my experience the BV way is too limiting and unnecessarily "complicated"), the Continue button will appear on all but the "Processing/Payment" page, unless of course, FireFox is still playing games: it may not be visible unless you have a cart with something in it, though, but should always be there as an option just as would "Update Cart" and other functions that are normally standard. I think others are having a bit of a struggle with the "navigational logic" of the process itself, and are simply trying to help best they can....I am not the PayPal Guru by any means, and put more faith in what General LadyEye suggests, for she has built the most PayPal sites than anyone else I am aware of, so.....

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                              This will not produce your 'continue shopping' button at this point.
                              and on we go!...

Comment

Working...
                              X