This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password protected directory not working

I uploaded a web gallery for a photography client of mine and entered a passcode using exact procedure in CP but when I enter the file path in my browser the directory comes up unprotected everytime .....

does anyone know what is happening ?

I do not want to reveal the link because it contains a private family portrait session

Re: password protected directory not working

Creating a Password Protected Directory means that you will need to publish pages to that directory, and trhe first page in that directory needs to be named "index" just like any other directory (or site).

If you have just one page that needs to be protected from public view, you may wish to alternately use the Single Page Login/Password Protect method instead.

In both cases, if you get an error message when trying to link to a properly configured and properly protected directory or page, then either the page has not been published properly, the link is incorrect, or you are publishing to a retired server and should instead be publishing to an updated server using an updated version of BlueVoda.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

it is a flash gallery in it's own folder with an index.html file...

opens fine in browser...

just does not ask for passcode

Comment

It doesn't matter how the images were added to the page at all ...
        Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        ...if you get an error message when trying to link to a properly configured and properly protected directory or page, then either the page has not been published properly, the link is incorrect, or you are publishing to a retired server and should instead be publishing to an updated server using an updated version of BlueVoda.
        Even if including the remote possibility that your browser (or your internet protection utility) has a 'auto-login' or 'Passport' tool enabled that somehow may bypass the manual Login protocol, it is pretty obvious you did not properly configure password protection upon the directory or page based upon your detailed description of the manner of your navigational testing.
        Without providing the required URL or information per Forum Protocols, it is simply playing a guessing game, and as such, need not be continued.

You'd be better off getting a solution from Support instead if that's the case.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X