Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to be able to do this somehow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to be able to do this somehow?

I am wondering if it is possible at all to do this:

Basically, have users sign into an area with a pre-assigned usernames and passwords.

Some areas are viewable by all, but they have access to their own "area" where they can view their own information, view additional info pretaining to them, download user specific documents, upload information to an agenda/calendar of their own, have a place to order their business supplies.

It will be a long the lines of having a consultant's "homepage" within my site.

Hope this makes sense?

Re: Is it possible to be able to be this somehow?

I thought maybe pre-assigning folders to users, but how could I make the user name assigned to the folder for logging in? I know it might be more work updating every folder? But it was the only thing I could think of at the moment.

Comment

Re: Is it possible to be able to be this somehow?

Or can a database be created for this?

I am so new to this, but I am looking for the most easiest to maintain and to understand method for this.

Comment

Re: Is it possible to be able to do this somehow?

Originally posted by jpitts78 View Post
        I am wondering if it is possible at all to do this:

Basically, have users sign into an area with a pre-assigned usernames and passwords.

Yes, this can be achieved by the use of pre-assigned usernames and passwords. (see pasword protecting)

Some areas are viewable by all,

Yes, use the public part of your website

but they have access to their own "area" where they can view their own information, view additional info pretaining to them, download user specific documents, upload information to an agenda/calendar of their own, have a place to order their business supplies.

Yes, same answer as in my first reply line

It will be a long the lines of having a consultant's "homepage" within my site.

Hope this makes sense?
        Yes, it all made sense.......................lol
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks for responding. :)

I have already created a sub domain, protected, added test users with different passwords.

Just trying to figure how to go from there...

I cannot get my head wrapped around to how to do this...lol

So do I have to create individual folders for each user/member's area? Or have to pre-assign pages?

How would I get a main page with buttons/links to go to the individual member's area without having other member's being able to click the same button on the same main to go to that member's area (want same main page, with same buttons, but users click on it automatically go to their own areas). And also have buttons/links to go all members areas.

Would the individual logins I created for the main page remember that member and automatically go to other folder created for that member when going to their space?

See... cannot wrap my head around it... lol.

Comment

To do everything above you would need a custom made script, but
            as you have already mentioned pre-assigned usernames and passwords,you could also send them a preassigned link to their protected part of the website.

Please note that based on your info, I have outlined a manual type system only.
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks for your response.

I have found something that will work from Wild Apricot website. I can either use the database separately from my site, or incorporate widgets. And it's will do everything I need.

FYI, I noticed some looking for subscription based member database, this online software/database will do that as well.

Comment

Working...
              X