X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link to specific paragraph

Hi,
    Okay, so I look at other websites and when you click on a specific hyperlink, it links to a specific paragraph on another page pertaining to the link.
    EXAMPLE: I have a "TREATMENTS" page which lists over 20 different individual treatments. I would like my links to link to ONE page with ALL the treatment specs listed by paragraph (instead of creating 20 different pages for each hyper link to link to.)
    HOW do I link one "treatment" such as ASTHMA to its corresponding paragraph on a page that includes the rest of the treatment descriptions. - In other words, the page it links to will contain information of ALL 20 treatments, but the link should take it to the corresponding paragraph, so people don't have to scroll down past 20 paragraphs to find what they're looking for.
    The ASTHMA LINK on my "TREATMENTS" page should link to the ASTHMA paragraph on a page which contains all the descriptions.
    Sorry if I over explained this, but I haven't gotten the right answer yet.
    Please help.

Bianca

Re: HOW TO...use a hyperlink to link to a specific paragraph on a page.

BOOKMARK
    navigation can be effectively used both 'page-to-page' and 'same-page' with greater results for Visitor retention and Content understanding, if strategically created and not excessively used to compensate for poorly composed Content. *Bookmarks are "scored" by Search Engines with regard to "relevancy" just like any other links, so using Keywords that are "anchored" in Content when naming them should be a priority at all times, thus the need for proper Content development and composition rather than using Bookmarks as merely a Visitor convenience or a 'gimmick' technology.

You will need to first create a BOOKMARK on the destination page where you select traffic to be directed to via the BOOKMARK LINK.

Once created and then uniquely named (for example's sake, say you named it "20TREATMENTS" - correctly using no spaces) you can then position it on the page accordingly (usually to just above the section of text or page position you wish to present in the browser via the link), re-sizing the "Bookmark Box" smaller to be more manageable. The Bookmark will publish as transparent, so there is no cause to be alarmed that it may be "covering" anything prior to being published.

Using the same BOOKMARK Name, you will then create the link to place on another page as desired (for example, your bookmark link might look like this: www.YourWebsite.com/asthma.html#20TREATMENTS ... with the 'destination' page named and published as "asthma" and the section of page content is introduced as "20 Treatments" with the specific Bookmark name "20TREATMENTS").

BOOKMARKs can also be used within the same page to "jump" to specific Content sections for Visitor navigation convenience as seen in this example using the Bookmark Navigation Menu at left called "Luxury Advertisers" ... as seen in the example, using a supplementary Text Menu that is dedicated to 'same-page Bookmarks' helps to easily navigate on content-rich (or very long) pages with a greater depth of Content.

From the BlueVoda Toolbar: INSERT > BOOKMARK
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: link to specific paragraph

Vasili,
      You are a gem, as always....Thanks for introducing me to the use of "BOOKMARKS" - exactly what I was looking for.
      Perhaps you can help me correct the naming of the link, as it is giving me a 404 error - so I'm sure I'm somehow messing up the correct naming of the link.
      * On the "TREATMENTS" page - I have linked the words "CONSTIPATION/DIARRHEA" to my "TREATMENTS DESCRIPTION" Page which is published as (mckaybiochemist.com/treatment_descriptions.html) which contains the bookmark "constipationdiarrhea".
      So my "Constipation/Diarrhea" link from my TREATMENTS PAGE links to: https://www.mckaybiochemist.com/trea...pationdiarrhea

It comes up as an error 404.
      Any thoughts? Thank you so much for your time on this, and sorry I didn't pick a more palatable Link name to experiment with...LOL.
      Bianca

Comment

You must always include the 'Hashmark' ("#") in your link, just as it is created for you automatically when creating the actual Bookmark (it is visible when opening the Hyperlink Dialog Box for each Bookmark) and you must not use any symbols other than a hyphen ("-") or underscore ("_").

Currently you are improperly using a Forward-Slash ("/") in the Bookmark name: remember, both a Period or a Forward-Slash always defines a "coding delimiter" -- and as such is a 'parameter device' -- and is not a 'defining compositional device' suitable for use in any online Titles, Names, Labels, or Links.

You must go back and re-name your bookmark,
        keeping in mind to use all capitals only with hyphens as needed for easier SE-valuation as 'separate words' and/or relevant 'phrase' values.

Thus, your optimal link should be: www.mckaybiochemist.com/treatment_descriptions.html#CONSTIPATION-DIARRHEA

Comment

Yip, that was it. Gotcha! Thanks so much! Also, now that I understand Bookmarks, I was able to search and find more info you had posted prior about "BOOKMARKS" which were extremely helpful.
          As always - you rock!
          Thanks
          -B

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca.fortin View Post
            Yip, that was it. Gotcha! Thanks so much! Also, now that I understand Bookmarks, I was able to search and find more info you had posted prior about "BOOKMARKS" which were extremely helpful. As always - you rock! Thanks-B
            Most Excellent, Bianca! It's always a blast helping out!

.... and on we go!

Comment

Working...
            X