Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating Page

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you can create floating pages... what i mean by this is ...

Say you have similar layout for every page and you want to create an online newspaper effect...

This means the newspaper would have pages.. and by clicking next page the newspaper area would change but the surrounding banner logo's menus etc stay put.. this would reduce page loadings and would probably be easier for me long term...

can this be done ? if you understand where im coming from :P

Re: Floating Page

Originally posted by SirChick View Post
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if you can create floating pages... what i mean by this is ...

Say you have similar layout for every page and you want to create an online newspaper effect...

This means the newspaper would have pages.. and by clicking next page the newspaper area would change but the surrounding banner logo's menus etc stay put.. this would reduce page loadings and would probably be easier for me long term...

can this be done ? if you understand where im coming from :P
    This can be achieved using i-frames. If you do a search (using the search feature at the top of each page) you will find lots of posts dealing with i-frames. Read up, have a go and if you get stuck - ask!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Well i thought of iframe and saw the video but it didnt explain how to create pages inside the iframe plus the scroll bar i dont want either. The only way i can think of is by using flash or something so its contained into a window

Comment

Originally posted by SirChick View Post
        Well i thought of iframe and saw the video but it didnt explain how to create pages inside the iframe plus the scroll bar i dont want either. The only way i can think of is by using flash or something so its contained into a window
        If you do as I suggest and read some of the threads about i-frames and have a play around you will quickly learn how to do what you're asking about and find that you don't have to have a scroll bar, depending on the size of the page you are displaying within the i-frame.

This subject has been covered plenty of times and I don't have the time to go through, step by step, repeating what has already been said before. I hope you understand. If you have specific questions once you have had a go then, by all means, come back and ask.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X