customer login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customer login

I need a customer login area for my site. It is currently built using blue voda. What I would like is for my advertisers to be able to login and update their ad, business info, directions, coupon, hours of operation, add photos and videos and link to their website.

If anyone has any ideas and can help me please let me know.

Here is an example page on my current site:
    www.local-shoppers.com/silverlakeresort.html

I would like for this advertiser to be able to make the updates on this page themselves. Is this possible?

Thanks

Re: customer login

the only way your customer can make changes to your website is:
    1.he has to have the website builder on his hard drive.
    2.he has to have his page, images etc.... in the bue voda folder on his hard drive
    3. you have to give him your ip address, username and password. with that he would be able to update his page, but would have access to all of your control panel etc....
    risky?
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I don't want to give them cpanel access, just permissions to edit specific attributes of a page. Is it possible to intergrate a customer management system. I have this ability on my classifieds site so it has to be possible. Only problem is I didn't design the script for the classifieds.

Would I need to completely rebuild the site?

This would be for a lot more than just one client. The number of members would be in the hundreds so cpanel access and having everyone download bluevoda and my images would seem like a lot to ask and extremely risky.

Comment

Ask and you shall receive....thank you so much for this exciting info. Is this something you are available for hire to do? If not can you point me in the right direction? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Have a look at these two sites I have built something similar for:

Advertisers can login to edit both their ads and their personal details

http://www.servicesireland.ie/ which is a far more complicated script as it has a member's login, and a reps login and they can both enter their account to edit details and add details.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            Have a look at these two sites I have built something similar for:

Advertisers can login to edit both their ads and their personal details

http://www.servicesireland.ie/ which is a far more complicated script as it has a member's login, and a reps login and they can both enter their account to edit details and add details.

That is very close to what I want, and I am assuming it is a matter of adding a few fields to customize for my needs. Did you create these sites with Blue Voda or another program? Can this be implemented into an existing site without a members area yet?

Thanks Naval

Comment

These were created in a similar program, but there is no problem at all to do it in BV, it is exactly the same.

My script consists of a Admin backend to manage the entire database, and the fornt end scripts for login in/out, registering, editing profile, editing the ads, paying or renewing, etc.

I have custom built them to the site owner requirement and specifications.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                These were created in a similar program, but there is no problem at all to do it in BV, it is exactly the same.

My script consists of a Admin backend to manage the entire database, and the fornt end scripts for login in/out, registering, editing profile, editing the ads, paying or renewing, etc.

I have custom built them to the site owner requirement and specifications.
                Can you give me an estimate for customizing a script for my site?

Comment

This is not something that can be discussed on the forum. If you wish you can contact me through my site contactform, with details on the number and type of fields, as well as desired features / functionalities.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X