I signed up for a year of using VodaHits to submit my site to numerous search engines, and suddenly found that I couldn't sign in! The page that came up was one that told me the problem was with allowing their cookie.
I set everything I could think to set - I put both vodahost.com and vodahits.com in my Allow lists - and I lowered my security setting to Low, which solved the problem, BUT which left me vulnerable to computer attack.
Then the good people at the help desk gave me the following information. It works like a charm, AND I'm back up to my usual Medium level of security.
To solve the cookie problem:
- Go to 'Tools' in IE and then to 'Internet Options'.
- Click the 'Privacy' tab.
- Click the 'Sites' button located under the slider bar.
- Enter http://www.hitslink.com and http://www.zstats.com to your allowed site, and click OK to close
that dialog box.
- Click the 'Advanced' button located under the slider bar.
- Check the box to 'Override automatic cookie handling.'
- Make sure both 'First-Party Cookies' and 'Third-party cookies' are set to accept, and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Internet Option dialog box.