Thread: Typing in URL without file extension at end?

Smile Typing in URL without file extension at end?

First, I'm sorry if this is already posted somewhere else. I did a search but couldn't find anything relative, but I wasn't sure if there was a specific name for this function so I may not have been searching the right words :)

How do you make it so if I want someone to be able to type a url of a specific page on my site without the .html at the end so it will work? (for example)

Currently when I type my pages that way it comes up with the 404 error unless I type

I want to set up a page that I don't have "linked" anywhere that people can only go to if they know the specific url, but to make it easier I don't want them to have to type the .html at the end (in case they forget)

Thank you for any help!
    Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.

Cincinnati, Ohio

Default Re: Typing in URL without file extension at end?

You need to make "help" a new folder/directory. And then inside of that create a file called index.html.

It works the same way are your normal domain would. When you type in, you don't have to type, it automatically knows to load it. The same goes with a folder, if you go to, it is actualy loading

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Thread Information