Thread: Also Problems With Flash FLV videos

Default Also Problems With Flash FLV videos

I also have problems with getting a flash video onto my webpage. It is a short 15 second video captured and edited in Adobe Premier CS3. When saving, I used the Adobe Encoder and saved it as a Flash video. The file extension for this is flv. But when trying to get it onto my page, Blue Voda asks for flash videos with swf. extensions. In fact, Windows tells me that it doesn't recognize my flv. extension (even after having downloaded both Adobe and Macromedia Flash players) and nothing will open nor play my video. I tried getting it into Nero to see if there was something there, but Nero doesn't recognize it either.

Does anybody have a solution???

Default Re: Also Problems With Flash FLV videos

this is what you do.
    1. upload your video file to your webhosting
    2. then just insert URL of your video into BV flash player option

Sounds simple enough. Uuuhh, just exactly what do you mean by upload file to webhosting?

Quote Originally Posted by gatociego View Post
    what do you mean by upload file to webhosting?
    watch this tutorial
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sav...e-blueftp.html

this is Great option BV offers.

What is the secret to connecting to FTP? Is my password and username the same as I use to logon to this forum? I have tried every server IP listed and still my connection fails.

Paul

Arrow Re: Also Problems With Flash FLV videos

In Blue Voda, look for TOOLS >> FTP MANAGER.
    Yes....the User Name and Password is the same as in Blue Voda as if you were publishing.

Use this utility to upload your .flv or .swf file to your public_html/ directory for the domain name you are specifically working with.
    Make sure the URL link in your BV-Flash box precisely reflects that file, according to the name you gave it and the destrination you FTP'd it to:

www yourdomain.com/flashfilename.swf
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Quote Originally Posted by gatociego View Post
    What is the secret to connecting to FTP? Is my password and username the same as I use to logon to this forum? I have tried every server IP listed and still my connection fails.

Paul

I suppose that you DO have a VodaHost account, don't you ?

If you don't, this is the reason you can not connect. The username and password are NOT the ones used to login in this forum, if you have purchased a hosting account from VodaHost, you must have recieved a welcome email with your account username and password, it is those details that you need to use.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Thread Information