Get It Right the First Time!
One of the most crucial decisions you will make for your website is selecting your web hosting company. It’s essential to choose the very best web host and the right work flow or all your hard work could be wasted or even worse, lost! How do you choose from the plethora of web hosts available today? Can you be sure you’ll be in full control of your web hosting account and files at all times? A web host like VodaHost provides everything that the small-time webmaster to big industry needs to succeed, from the world’s most efficient website builder to an Industry Leading, lightning-fast web hosting experience.
With nearly uncountable web hosting services out there, you must ensure you choose a reputable and trustworthy platform for your website! Below are a few pointers, a few questions to ask yourself to help you make an informed decision on your web hosting purchase, to get you started and to steer you in the right direction.
1) Getting Started: What do you want? What do you need?
Before you choose a web host it is best to first figure out what you want. Do you just want web space to play around with your very first website? Do you want a website for your friends and family? Perhaps you want a website for your local business or to create a way of making money online? Do you need a one-page site with static HTML pages, or do you need a dynamic, multi-page web presence?
All these possibilities are fully covered by VodaHost. Whatever it is you need, VodaHost web hosting provides you the space and features to accomplish your goals. As you get started VodaHost provides an easy, free, website builder system if you don’t know any programming or anything about making websites. Click the link below to learn more:
2) Is WHM cPanel (control panel; or similar) available to you with a system that will let you set up your own blog or forum in just a few clicks?
WHM cPanel is just a system that lets users access and manage their files, e-mail accounts, features and website without knowing how to use FTP -file transfer protocol. Many find this availability absolutely essential. Your VodaHost account includes cPanel as standard. It is the most loved, used and best web hosting control panel on the planet!
VodaHost also provides Fantastico DeLuxe, a fantastic script auto-installer, making it easy to install a blog onto your web site or a shopping cart as well as many more fantastic scripts. If you need an installation of WordPress, Joomla, osCommerce or any other Content Management System you need look no further than your VodaHost control panel!
3) If you don’t know anything about creating a website, will they teach you what you need to know to get the site found and achieve the goals you have for the site?
Knowledge is power, especially in the Web Hosting world but many web hosting users do not have access to useful and relevant information to help them out as they begin learning about the procedures and technicalities of launching and updating your website.
VodaHost provides a wide range of tutorials on every aspect of managing your web hosting account. You can find the full complement of VodaHost tutorials at the URL below which covers the BlueVoda website builder, your cPanel web hosting manager, your WordPress installation as well as a myriad of other software that is available to you.
VodaHost even helps you promote your website with our free report: “The Secrets to Promoting your Website Online” a massive amount of information to make sure that you are promoting your website to the very best of your ability and in line with the most recent techniques.
VodaHost offers a full community forum at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/. It’s a hub of activity with web designers from all over the world discussing the latest web hosting trends and technologies.
Where S.E.O. is very important to you, VodaHost provides the VodaHits service to get your website the all-important backlinks that will see your website shoot up the Search Engine results pages (there is more information about S.E.O. in “The Secrets…“)!
4) Can you get e-mail through the domain name of your website? It’s always best to go with a web host that provides unlimited autoresponders, pop mailboxes, email aliases etc. You NEED these services to stay in touch with your visitors, potential customers, your past customers in the hope of back end sales. Using “email@example.com” also looks more professional and official.
VodaHost offers unlimited email accounts with an unlimited mail capacity.
5) Investigate the uploading method. Using an online manager does take a little longer when transferring large amounts of data. FTP provides more flexibility when managing your website. For the non-techies, always look out for a host that provides a good online manager, too. VodaHost’s cPanel gives you all the file management facilities you could possible need, the BlueVoda website builder also provides an in-built publishing option that makes publishing your files super-easy and there are plenty of tutorials to get you started with FTP if you would like to upload your website files with FTP client like FileZilla.
6) Can you track your website’s progress with logs? If you are a serious entrepreneur, pay close attention to these. All good hosts will provide you with the ability to access your website logs via download. VodaHost provides access to AWStats which will tell you EVERYTHING you ever needed to know about who is visiting your website, how they are visiting your website and how long they are spending on your website pages. This can tell you what pages aren’t as successful and can help you repair content that may be putting visitors off!
7) Leave room for growth with enough space. The amount of space a web host provides matters as your website grows! Do not settle for only a small amount of space to save a dollar or two. You will suffer if your website grows bigger than allowed. VodaHost offers an unlimited service across-the-board.
VodaHost only offers unlimited bandwidth and unlimited disk-space.
8) Seek good customer service with lots of help pages and FAQ pages
Avoid a host that has a reputation for poor quality customer service!!! VodaHost’s support department is available at vodasupport.com
You can find VodaHost’s FAQ and knowledgebase at the URL below:
9) Enable interactive features with access to your own cgi-bin directory. This is the directory from where scripts are carried out. CGI scripts are the backbone of all the functionality of the web. Every time you fill out a form, buy a product, use a forum or engage in a chat room conversation, you’re running a script of one type or another. This feature is very important if you want your website to be interactive in any way.
You have access to your CGI directory from within your VodaHost control panel.
10) Make transactions with a secure server with https:// capability because your potential customers will expect it. Security is of paramount importance to your customer especially when you are hosting a web store or eCommerce shop online. Visitors who are concerned about the insecurity to their plastic will never become customers. An SSL Certificate is essential if you’re going to be accepting payments online!
VodaHost’s RapidSSL certificates provide the encryption and security to make sure that your visitors always feel secure when they’re shopping amongst your website pages.
11) Know the difference between a Windows server and a Linux server. Linux servers are generally much more stable and more secure than Windows servers. There are many more free Open Source applications (shopping carts, forums, blogs, etc.)for the Linux servers.
VodaHost chooses only the Linux operating for our servers which is far superior to its Windows counterpart in terms of security, speed and stability!
Where you need PHP, MySQL and an Apache(-compatible) web server, VodaHost supports these using a solid backbone of Linux servers!
12) Test a host’s support before joining by sending a message. Make sure that getting in touch with your web host’s technical or support department is easy.
VodaHost looks forward to your message at our VodaSupport department and we welcome you to contact us if you ever have any questions about your VodaHost web hosting experience.
13) Sure, many popular domain names have already been taken…
… but there’s plenty of great domain names still available! As you purchase web hosting it would be wise to use a domain availability tool to help you find a domain name and once you’ve found the domain name you want. You can use the “Find your Perfect Domain Name” checker on the VodaHost home page to conduct a few searches to find something you’re happy with!
VodaHost will even register a free domain name for you when you take up an annual web hosting account!
VodaHost will always add the owners details to their WhoIs record, unless you choose to disguise your WhoIs information with Domain Name ID Protect (which is very useful as your personal contact details are available to the world via your domain name!)
VodaHost – Your Website is in the Best Hands
With an uptime guarantee of a 99.9% and providing industry leading web hosting services since 2004, VodaHost is proud to be one of the world’s most reputable web hosts and offer our customers, by far, the most affordable and complete web hosting experience available. Include with these that VodaHost utilizes the LiteSpeed web server and you are guaranteed a lightning-fast and stable experience.
With everything you need to succeed at your fingertips, there’s absolutely no reason to look elsewhere:
We are your Website People!
Suggested reading: “The Secrets to Promoting Your Website Online” by VodaHost web hosting