Need IBM solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need IBM solutions

A refurbished IBM comes without a manual, and I sure wish I had one! Does IBM put a users manual on the internet? The info stored on the computer seems to lack detail.

I'd like to completely redo the hard drive, but I don't want to restore any virus stored behind the partition in the hard drive. I was told that if I formatted the drive, using the blue IBM button, that it would remove any malware. It doesn't seem as though one can format the hard drive really, and I wonder whether malware could be restored with the original IBM software behind the partition. Does anyone know?
    (In fact, info at an IBM site said not to format the hard drive. Not that I know how!)

Re: Need IBM solutions

Is this the same IBM (R40 2227) mentioned in the other post?

Did you look for the manual on their website or ask in their support groups ? They would be better qualified to provide guidance.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Couldn't find this question and answer again for a while. I'm not very good at finding things, and IBM has thousands of entries (like Mirosoft). There didn't seem to be manual posted for the R 40 2227 IBM laptop. (Yes, it's the only working computer I have at the moment, though I'm thinking about getting another, to put in a second hard drive from my old e-machine. The e-machine would cost too much to repair, and I'd like to still use the hard drive, rather than pay $80 to retrieve all the data. Two hard drives in an old desktop might work out.) I looked for IBM chat groups, but didn't find any of those either. IBM sites (and Microsoft) are endless, it seems to me, and often I can't find the desired info. Actually,
      I found this group while looking for an IBM group, so that was good.

Comment

You might consider buying a new computer, desktops are relatively inexpensive, laptops can be a bit more.
        Good luck.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
        X