Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Font changes from computer to computer. Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font changes from computer to computer. Please help.

I created a website with a specific type of font in my logo and in other sections of my website (phoenix is the font). Why is that when I go to review the website on my computer everything is fine but when I have my friends review it on their computers, the words and my logo is overlaping?Also, the phoenix font has changed to another font. Is it something that I need to fix in Blue Voda? Please advise.

Re: Font changes from computer to computer. Please help.

What is your website ?

The problem is not in BV.

Not everyone has the same fonts on their PC's. Arial, Verdana, Times are the most common. Fonts like Phoenix are downloads your friends will default to whatever is on their PC's. If you want to use that particular font you will have to save as a .gif or .jpg file.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

That's why it is always better to keep with the most common fonts there is. You have a wide range of them, don't ya worry you can find an other!
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

There are web friendly fonts - of which the one you used is NOT - you can use unfriendly fonts if you make them images - which is fine in logo's - but not recommended for text.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

To keep the design font I want in my logo, I am making the logo with all the type in photoshop,merging it, and saving it as one complete gif image. Then I will insert it on my page. That way, the browsers are reading an image, and not a font. Give that a try!
          still working on website!

Comment

Working...
          X