Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailto:

Help!
    I have been trying to get the hyperlink working on my index page for 3 months.
    I have recreated the email account in the control panel and triple checked it.
    I have triple checked the forwarder.
    I can't find anything on here about what the TARGET in the hyper link
    should be. 3 months and no real help from the CSRs. Somebody help, please!!!!!!!

Re: Mailto:

What is it not doing?

In order for a mailto: link to work you must have your Oulook or other e-mail program set up for a mailto:

The target is of no real importance as the mailto: will (or should) open up the microsoft outlook program.

So tell us what is or isn't happening when you click on the link.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

1. I do not use outlook, I only use web based mail. Gmail, Lycos, Yahoo.
      When I click on the mailto, my default mail opens and it has the correct addy.
      In the control panel I have checked and double checked the mail account and forwarder. Also, all extensions are correct .coms. I got an email from Laura saying the extentions are not there, well, they are.
      I deleted all, and re-set them up again today, double checked....etc.
      I can email the website email from lycos to keith@bekstarr.com and it's fwd to the correct account. But nothing from the page itself.

2. Cannot highlight emaill address on webpage to copy and paste to any email account/ I get the circle with a line through it.

Is this too hard to figure out? I can't do it. And Voda's CSRs are no help, so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Starr
        1. I do not use outlook, I only use web based mail. Gmail, Lycos, Yahoo.
        When I click on the mailto, my default mail opens and it has the correct addy.
        In the control panel I have checked and double checked the mail account and forwarder. Also, all extensions are correct .coms. I got an email from Laura saying the extentions are not there, well, they are.
        I deleted all, and re-set them up again today, double checked....etc.
        I can email the website email from lycos to keith@bekstarr.com and it's fwd to the correct account. But nothing from the page itself.

2. Cannot highlight emaill address on webpage to copy and paste to any email account/ I get the circle with a line through it.

Is this too hard to figure out? I can't do it. And Voda's CSRs are no help, so far.
        If you are establishing a hyper in BV to "mail", then the default mail method chosen by the user will open and send mail to the address you have specified (you cannot "force" an email method to open for users).
        If you are using any specific system to recieve your email, the ability of being able to "copy and paste" addresses from the header of mail you actually get is controlled by that utility, not BV.
        B. If you are selecting "mailto:" as the BV hyper, do NOT select anything under TARGET....this is a controller for browser windows when linking to other PAGES.....

If you are using a "Form" mail function, it is best to create a default field in the form for sender to enter their email address (which you can require if Form is to be sent), which will then send this address as part of the response form itself....as long as you enter this into the php script in your form setup.
        >> Additionally, the use of Forms is recommended to not only protect your email address from being scoured by bots to send spam, but you can set up each Form with a specific identifier to tell you which "page" of your website it was generated from (another way to measure effectiveness of pages, programs, etc.)

Great secure Forms setups available from Andy128 and DavidundAlicia, under their signatures...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The last reply makes no sense te me, so I'm just not using the BV server mail and it works fine. It just goes directly to the email server i use. So till it makes sense to me, I'll just leave it like that. Much simpler. Thanks for the effort, though. Keith Starr

Comment

Your original questions were not clear about whether this was stricly a Blue Voda design/linking issue (index page), or merely a "webmail" issue (forwarders).........were you trying to link text, an image, or a field on your Blue Voda created page, the above would be a step-by-step solution, and, if trying to resolve a "webmail" issue, would seem quite off base, I agree....

We try to offer peer-to-peer assistance quickly to those in need (often ignorantly, based on composure of questions) at our own peril!
            Sorry again!

Comment

I think my problem is that I am not very familiar with outlook (I only use the calender) and not having any background in computers, it sometimes makes no sense to me. But all is working for me at the moment. So bear with me for awhile till I wrap my brain around this. Keith.

Comment

No problem, Keith!
                This is a place for ALL of us to learn, and sometimes we can even learn by trying to help others.
                "It's all a matter of perspective."

Comment

Cool enough, Thanks for your patience, Keith.

Comment

Working...
                  X