Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Music Mod

I'm totally lost when it comes to installing a mod,

Aliens recomended I install a music mod and I just wouldn't even know where to begin

Thanx in advance

Re: Installing Music Mod

Hi Sadain
    have you checked out my forum (link in signature) top right button Music
    this mod lets your members upload music, Rate, and comment on songs, you can also have catagies. installing this type of mod is not for the faint hearted. if you real what to install this post back and i will give you all the help need. this mod is well worth the hard work. and will be a bonus to your forum. and when you've mastered that you could install the photo album.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
      Hi Sadain
      have you checked out my forum (link in signature) top right button Music
      this mod lets your members upload music, Rate, and comment on songs, you can also have catagies. installing this type of mod is not for the faint hearted. if you real what to install this post back and i will give you all the help need. this mod is well worth the hard work. and will be a bonus to your forum. and when you've mastered that you could install the photo album.
      Definately, I would love to have the mod installed.

Thanx,

Comment

Alien-
        Did your skin come with "sub-forums" as a pre-installed feature, or would you see this as a mod worth imposing onto an already installed Forum?

(I can REALLY use sub-forums, and for the life of me cannot figure out which mod is the right one to download - over 20!!!)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
          Alien-
          Did your skin come with "sub-forums" as a pre-installed feature, or would you see this as a mod worth imposing onto an already installed Forum?

(I can REALLY use sub-forums, and for the life of me cannot figure out which mod is the right one to download - over 20!!!)
          you dont use mods for sub forums

you can go to admin panel then to Forum Admin then click on management and create forums there...
          as create catagory the create forums in the catagory...

Comment

here is an example of what it looks like with a lot of em:
            http://authorslair.com/authorslairphp/index.php

Comment

Aliens when do you think you can guide me through this installation?

not to be too axtious...

Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                Alien-

If you mean the dropdown box then no i installed it it dosn't go to other forums it's for members to change there skin with out going to profile.

What do you mean by sub forum do mean going to a forum within your forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadain
                  Aliens when do you think you can guide me through this installation?

not to be too axtious...

Thanx
                  first read this http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...-creation.html before you try and do any mods. the testforum and easymod parts are very important.
                  once your ready i will send you the mod.

Comment

first read this http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...-creation.html before you try and do any mods. the testforum and easymod parts are very important.
                    once your ready i will send you the mod.
                    all right

thanx

Comment

I have a test subject:

do I need to manually create a mod folder in public_Html/phpex/admin or do I just unzip the easymod zip file?

Comment

encountered an error installing easymod:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@exstazjianjsadian.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
                        More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
                        Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comment

Manual make a folder in admin called mods. open the folder on the right then on the left side of screen find the easymod folder click it to high light it then click copyto top of tool bar. when finished check that all folders and all files have been copied over. once this is done close ftp manager and open IE or what ever and follow the instruction that you got with eastmod.

Comment

i have installed the folder and contents in public_html/phpex/admin/mods/easymod

then I follow the instructions and copy the url: http://exstazjianjsadian.com/phpex/a...od_install.php

and I get the error

Comment

Manual make a folder in admin called mods. open the folder on the right then on the left side of screen find the easymod folder click it to high light it then click copyto top of tool bar. when finished check that all folders and all files have been copied over. once this is done close ftp manager and open IE or what ever and follow the instruction that you got with eastmod.
                              I've done this, I get the same error when I try to open the install file in the web browser

Comment

Working...
                              X