Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make Global Changes in FrontPage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make Global Changes in FrontPage?

Hi,

I've been using Front Page for a while now, but one thing I'd like to do is to be able to change a link on one page and have it update on all the pages. So far I've been having to update each page individually which is so tedious.

Is that possible?

If so, is that CSS or is it themes I need to learn?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Michele

Re: How to make Global Changes in FrontPage?

Hi,

Unfortunately the link needs to be changed on every page.. The good news is if you copy the link and just paste it on a page it will carry the same attributes, ie, Text and URL.. However, the style needs to be updated by you. If the style used is the same, you can just ensure that the style name (or number) is the same on every page and then just paste the link. If you want different styles then you have to do them individually.

Comment

The thing is, I remember having someone make me a site in FP a few years ago and she showed me how I could add a link on the home page and it automatically updated and put the link on all the other pages. I just can't remember what she said this was called.

Michele

Comment

Originally posted by MicheleM
        The thing is, I remember having someone make me a site in FP a few years ago and she showed me how I could add a link on the home page and it automatically updated and put the link on all the other pages. I just can't remember what she said this was called.

Michele
        If there is a way, I certainly don't know how to do it.. she might have used some kind of a shortcut. You are best to keep an eye for the thread and if there's a way of doing this easier than my suggestion, I'm sure whoever knows how will be advising us soon.

Comment

I found the answer.

http://www.thetemplatestore.com/tuto...p_includes.asp

Comment

There is a way to do it but your server needs FronPage extensions and I am not to happy with myself for recommending this as it does involve the FrontPage automatic coding which as a rule is a load of garbage but here goes.....

Create all your pages. Then create another page which just has your links/menu on it, no styling, no colours, no features. just a bare page with the links.

Then, on all of the existing pages select Insert / Web Component / Included Content.

You will be able to select from a list of all your webpages. Choose your links/menu page and it will be inserted onto the page where your cursor is.

Do this on every page and the menu page will be inserted onto every page.

Then, to change the menu all you need to do is open the up the menu page that you created and alter the link where required.

When you alter the link make sure ALL of the pages that include the links/menu page are also open and when you change the link it will automatically be changed on all pages.

I hope that was clear and easy to understand but PM me if it wasnt lol.

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
            X