Copy and paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy and paste

I am unable to copy and paste the email addy on my site.
    I just get a circle with a lone through it.

Tech challenged, Keith

Re: Copy and paste

To add email via Hyperlink tool in BV to text on your page (text created within a text box):
    1. highlight on the text you specifically wish to link;
    2. Click on Hyperlink tool in BV (looks like binoculars, top of BV browser);
    3. Click on "mailto:" selection;
    4. Minimize BV Browser completely;
    5. Highlight email address (which may be in Word or elsewhere already);
    6. Right-click on this address, select COPY;
    7. Restore BV browser to full size, left-click once in the address field of Hyperlink tool;
    8. Go to EDIT in BV browser pane, drop down, left-click once on PASTE;
    9. Left-click once OK in BV Hyperlink dialog box....

Your "text email link" should now show up on your page as blue with underline, showing you it is properly formatted.
    Again, the function will be visible in PREVIEW, but only functional after publishing....

If this does not work for you, manually type in the email address - step 8.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thats all good ,but, you can't highlight the address (in the text box) so I'll just have word around the glitch. It's just not working the way it should and I don't want clients having to type in the address. But thanks for trying.

Keith Starr

Comment

Keith-

I beg to differ! In any text box in Blue Voda, you can highlight any text, at any time.
        Should you choose to highlight the text, and while still highlighted, click on the Hyperlink tool to create a function like "mailto:" (which then you enter the email address you desire email to be delivered to), hit OK and it's done....which is why when you "click-out" of the text box, it will display as blue-underlined text, provided you have not changed the link styles.

If you want your viewers to be able to COPY that link on your site or any other (whether is is textually a proper link or other text with a specific link), you will need only to RIGHT-CLICK on that hyperlink, and then LEFT CLICK on your choice of COPY SHORTCUT, or COPY for both text and link...

You can try it here... this is my personal email address (it can be whatever text, spelled out or not)....RIGHT CLICK on it...see COPY SHORTCUT ???
        If you LEFT-CLICK on Copy Shortcut, you can then paste only the link info! Try clicking once in the Reply box below, then go to Edit in browser bar above and click on Paste...see what "populated" the reply box? My email address....same in Word, Excel, anywhere Windows handles text....

**You can only right-click copy links in PREVIEW or after PUBLISHING a BV page, Keith...they have to be "live" to do that.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you and I offer an apology. I had a friend discover thet where you left click is very crii\tical on my site. You have to get the curser exactly to the left of the last letter to left click and highllight. No wiggle room at all, but thats cool.
          It's working and thats what matters. Thanks for addressing my problem, Keith Starr.

Comment

Working...
          X