Installing OS if I have Soho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing OS if I have Soho

Sorry if I'm being dense...again...but I've been working with Soho for a few days now and am just not sure it is going to work with my design style as I have too many subcategories. So, I would like to try OScommerce. I want to make sure I do not screw up my files in case I decide to go back to Soho. Please tell me where (hat file) to install OS so as not to conflict with Soho and vise versa....if this is possible?? I looked through the forum and just can't seem to get it straight..... thanks for your patience.
    still working on website!

Re: Installing OS if I have Soho

Manually create a new folder within your Blue Voda main folder (as found in your "My Documents", by opening My Documents, and then "Create New Folder" from the left menu), name it OSC.
    Open BV, under TOOLS >> FTP, make connection.
    When you see your website come up on the right side, you know you are connected.
    Then, on the LEFT side, keep clicking on the top unamed folder until you can navigate to "C:" drive, which should display "My Documents"...click on THAT until you see BLUE VODA.
    Open Blue Voda folder, and you will see your new OSC folder....left-click on this once > go to top of FTP browser bar, select COPY TO (which will default to your "public_html" VH web directory) hit OK......
    WAIT...until it appears on the right side of the FTP panel...then DISCONNECT.
    Go to logon to your VH CP, go to Fantastico!, and select install osCommerce.....follow instructions to install to the NEW FOLDER you just created and uploaded....

This will allow you to have both within your website, and whenever linking, you will need to remember to add the new sub-domain, for example:
    www.mydomainame.com/osc for by adding nothing more, it will automatically bring up the index page of OSC......

PS- You may wish to now go back and using the same method, create a folder for soho, upload it, and move all your soho files into that folder (all done on right side, use MOVE TO, not drag-and-drop), also via BlueFTP, so there is not a conflict.....each will be "contained" and available by whatever links you specify....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Vasili for walking me through this so carefullyand taking the time to write all steps down! I did it right the first time! (well, we'll see when I start putting it all together!) I'm excited to give OS a try! THanks!
      still working on website!

Comment

You're always welcome!

"Your Success is Our Success!"
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X