Huge problem with Google Adsense...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge problem with Google Adsense...

Not sure if this is the right place to post, so sorry if it's not...

Right, I made a very quick website.. http://www.boxerdogworld.co.uk and then I placed some Google adsense on there.

Once made I then made a new site http://www.topcatsites.co.uk but I used the same index page as the boxerdog site but just changed EVERYTHING to read about cats. I changed the meta tags, keywords, page titles etc etc. I left NO trace about boxer dogs on there anywhere!

Then I took the Google adsense OFF and then I replaced it with NEW Google adsense, but all the Google adverts are about BOXER DOGS?

How come? Has using the same page from my boxer dog site to make my cat site had an effect? It's been two days now and still Google thinks it's a site about boxer dogs.

Can anyone advise please?
    Ramsey
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Huge problem with Google Adsense...

Hi,

I had the same problem when I uploaded my index page of the mountain walk site over the horse riding site - although I changed it back within a few hours, I had ads for a few days about climbing Kilimanjaro instead of horses. In actual fact I got more clicks on those days which was a bit of an oddity.

Usually Google rights itself after a couple of days, as the ads are linked to your content. On this occassion though I got impatient, and emailed Google support. It changed back to the right ads soon after, so I presume the support email worked.

Try emailing them yourself.

Regards
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Thanks Trish, I will write to them I think. Just wondered if by using the old site to remodel the new one had brought some hidden code over?? But you think not?
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Not if you deleted everything on the old page before you published. Google reads the content on your page - unless you have hidden text (e.g. text the same colour as the background), it should make any different. Google doesn't use the meta tags, so this shouldn't matter either. If there is no mention of dogs on your cats page, eventually it will right itself, though as I suggested, give them a nudge to speed it up.

Hope this works!
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Just emailed them. Thanks for your advice, appreciated
          Ramsey

Comment

A word of caution, Google does not like hidden text (white text on white background or words hidden behind objects/images).
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

moving to Google section.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                A word of caution, Google does not like hidden text (white text on white background or words hidden behind objects/images).
                That's ok... cos I never do anything like that, it's not worth the risk!

Comment

Additional to the above... Google have been known to banish websites completely from there listings for using hidden text. Watch out everyone

FPRULES

Comment

~Rob:

I like your banners.......................
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                    Newbies / Beginners Forum
                    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks. David.. In all honesty I absolutely hate some of them but the customers liked them so there you have it LOL. I usually make three designs so thatthe person in question can pic and choose and I am often surprised at their choice. Also, I dont like some of the site designs either (especially the earlier ones) but for the same reason they are being left as they are. Two are currently going through an refresh/update.

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
                      X