Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio button?

Hi

I'm trying to add some audio to my webpages. What i would like to do is have an image that when someone clicks on it it plays the music file in the background. I've tried variuos means all without success. Any ideas?

Re: Audio button?

Hey!

Do you only want the music to play when someone put's the mouse over the button? Or you want to play a song?
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hi Jeremy

I'm trying to use an image of musical notes, so that when someone either mouses over or clicks on it the music plays in the backgound, it doesn't really matter if its the whole clip or just while moused over.

Comment

Do you want to play a song or a sound when mouseover? hehe it really depends on what you are trying to do, if you want to play a complete sound or a sound.
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

You must add a windows media player in your page. Make it invisible. When somebody clicks on the image, the file associated with it will start playing.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for that both of you. The audio file how do I associate it with the image, do I put it up on the ftp and link to it?

Comment

Do so remember if you put a complete song that it will take a long time to download when people visit your site.
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

When you add a media player in your page, and you associate a media file to it, it gets automatically uploaded on your site when you publish the page.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

So if I associate the file with media player, how do I get it so that when someone clicks on the image it starts the player?

Comment

Users need to know that music will start playing when they do click on the image. Audio can be very annoying for users that are conferencing at the same time.

Maybe a note indicating "to hear....." would be a nice touch.

Nice page.
                    Bill
                    www.blueearthtea.com
                    www.ftaaconsulting.com
                    www.iaval.com
                    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks Bill. Thanks all.

Here's the page I'm working on, ignore the links at the bottom for the minute they relate to a different page.

http://www.yourlocal.org.uk/janet.html

At the moment the music bar link grabs the file and launches it in a stand alone. I'd like to have the file emmbedded in the page as naval suggests but I'm not sure how to make clicking on the music bar launch the player.

Comment

Click on the Windows Media Player on BV', left upper ttolbar. Size the box as you wish, to hide the black part and / or some of the commands (you can only leave the Play / Stop button). Double click it, select "No autostart", and browse for the song to play. That's all.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                        X