Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing IP Addresses

Hello,

By the end of the week I will be changing telephone carriers at my business, in which I will have to set up my DSL etc. again. I was told by my new carrier that my computers IP Address will change due to this switch. Will this screw up my website or anything else for that matter? Please advise.

Kristin

Re: Changing IP Addresses

Assuming your site is not set up on a server at your business it shouldn’t make any difference to you. Your VH account is all in the states & your site is stored there. I think what they mean is when they install your new system the router/switch that is connected to your phone system to enable a broadband network in your office will have a new IP address. So what might happen is when you use an old computer that was connected to the old system you will have to set the connections to the new IP address of that router. (routers have thier own IP address) This is something they should set up for you if someone is coming round to set you up. If not, your new router will be supplied with an ip address that you will have to set your machines to. The new router will come with a CD & info on set up.
    NOTE: Don’t change anything until you have found out the new ip address as it is quite often the same as the old one.
    If someone is setting it up for you? you should also ask them if they are installing a print server to enable others in your office to be able to use a specific printer if they wish. So you only have to have 1 or two printers for every one to use. This is only a small unit the size of 6x6 x1 inch box & couldn’t cost any more than £50.00.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
    X