search engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search engines

I just published my first page. I'm wondering why google, etc. won't find it, even when I search using the meta tags I use in Page Properties

Re: search engines

What is your website?

VodaHost will submit it for free (only once) put in a support ticket.
    If you go to Google/Yahoo/MSN write your www.yourdomain.com they will add it. It takes time so be patient.

Bethers can tell you lots more about meta tags and keywords. Read her posts on this.
    Good luck
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hey!

You have to give it time. It takes time for Google, MSN, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves or other major search enginges to find your site. They will crawl your site and then list it on their site.

If you log-on your cPanel and click on Web Stats you will be able to see if a search engined crawled into your site. If Google crawled your site it will say [GoogleBot].

1) You can click here to submit your link to Google to help them post your site.
      2) You can click here to learn more about ROR Sitemap Generator.
      3) You can also submit a support ticket and request for a free search engine optimization (comes with ever VodaHost purchase) you will need to list your domain name and master username and password.

OR

4) You can wait for search engines to find your site. Make sure you have good keywords.

Hope that helps!
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

search engines need to visit your site before they can index it.

This can take some time to achieve.

when your site is ready VH will submit your site to the se´s for free(1 off)

another way to get your site noticed by the se´s is for another site to link back to yours.............

or you can go to google etc and register your url yourself.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Search engines do not automatically index your website when you publish it.You need to add your websites to their index by going to their websites
          e.g for google go to http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
          ,or if you have a programme that automatically does the job(although i recommend manually.)

After you add your page,i doesn't mean that your website will be indexed in the search engine right away.Especially for google it takes around 6 months for it!!!!Calm down,that is for normal occasions.
          If you want your website to be quickly index listen to these few tips:

In order for a website to get indexed you need to consider one thing called SEO (search engine optimization). This is very troublesome.It gets divided in 2. The first one is onpage optimization and the other offpage optimization.

Onpage optimization means that you adjust your website the way search engines love.This is a trouble because this gets divided to a lot factors too(keyword density and others).

Offpage optimization seems to be easier because you don't need to adjust your website or something.Offpage optimization is LINKS FROM OTHER WEBSITES (and it wouldn't mind if your site is linking to other great related websites ).This is crusial, you need other websites linking to your website.There are a lot of ways.A simple,effective and free is to put your link in signature in forums(if you are a member of one.)

Ago, to get top ranked in search engines only onpage optimization was needed crusially.Offpape optimization was about 15-20% important.Nowadays, to get in top 20 you need an onpage optimized website with A LOT OF WEBSITES LINKING TO YOU.

Take my my website for example http://www.thegreatestsoftware.net
          I have other websites linking to me(not a lot thought,just some thousands) so it got indexed in google in 4 days but i haven't lied a finger as regards onpage optimization.To make matters worse, it doesn't look professional in the first place(what was i thinking when making it??).That's why it will never get any higher unless i PAY A BIG DEAL or adjust it but i am working so no time left... :(

To sum up, if you are a started i dont recommend doing onpage optimization because SEO is gonna take some time to get master and i recommend you study it when you have time!.At least, make other websites linking to you.this is crusial. There is a good service, and cheap too. You can find it below in my signature something about earning 10 per referral and such.When you sign up,around 6000 websites will be linking to you(after you folow the steps).Believe me, you will not get any traffic from these.It's just good for search engine indexing.Of course,it's not enough.Only with that, i guess your website will get indexed in 28 days or so,maybe less.

Some other tips:
          If you have google toolbar installed you must have noticed a PageRank or something thingy.When you visit a website it fills up as regards tha website's PageRank.What the heck is that, you ask? The bigger the number(1-10) means more websites are linking to you.But of course it's difficult to make it to 5 so don't hope for 9 or 10 from the first year unless you want to spend a lot money or work hard.So to get to the subject.......If the website that's linking to you is a greater number,the better for you.e.g being linked from a PageRanked 4 website is better than being linked from 2000 websites level 0(but it wouldn't mind if you had these too).So, you must have reliased that for a rapid inclusion you need a couple of websites PR4 or 5 linking to you. You can find some EXTREMELY CHEAP:http://www.all-free-fonts.com/textlinkspage.php
          I suggest buying the linksmaster service and 1-2 links from these i mentioned right above.

Ok,i think i'm done although what i said is just a glimpse to what is expecting you with SEO,that's why i said about having time....
          Oh,i almost forgot,a last tip regarding PR: IF YOU ARE LINKED BY A PR7 WEBSITE YOU GET INDEXED IN 24 HOURS!!
          But the above services i mention are great, so don't sweat it searching for a PR7.

......And because it's 4 am here i am bored to check the post for spelling and stuff so don't kill me if you find something weird.

That's for now
          http://www.thebestcyprusproperties.com

Comment

For a FREE link just visit http://bluevodaforms.com/bvwebsites.html

Two of our new members were listed on google (first page) within 2 days.....
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

Actually, the se's really might not index you any faster if you submit - what they really want to see - and how they'll really start giving you credit - is by finding links TO your pages - they will follow those - and that is the best credit they can find for you - especially if they are natural links.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks, David - but I'm confused - as none of those are my home pages - and you included 2 sites that aren't moved to BV or Soho yet! - those are all interior pages to Moxie Enterprises - the three home pages I have that are on Voda are www.moxieenterprises.com, www.pinatapalace.com and www.achildspalace.com and those are the ones I figure can be in the showcase now - the other two will be moving over this fall.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Whoops, because it was you I did not even check as I normally do.
                  I will remove, buy the clock and eccentriq art...OK ?
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Comment

I have joined your BlueVoda Showecase and added my web site to your list... The instructions said to put the NlueVoda web site "code" into the web site that I want rated....

How do I do this ???

Thanks -
                    Calvin

Comment

Calvin, to add the code to your site open your home page(index) and
                      copy/paste the code into a html box (top left menu)

Thank you for joining Us...............

FOR anyone else with questions on the showcase please see the appropiate
                      thread..................this one belong to Heather and SEARCH ENGINES.
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

Working...
                      X