simple PHP script again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple PHP script again

My original thread was CLOSED on the PHP & MySQL forum when Sarah asked me to open a support ticket, which I did. Then naveldesign added a post saying that pg_connect looked like a user defined function. It is not, pg_connect is part of PHP, and it is described in the Documentation and explained as how to use and related to PHP as far back as 3.0.
    from the PHP Documentation:
    pg_connect

(PHP 3, PHP 4 , PHP 5)

pg_connect -- Open a PostgreSQL connection

Descriptionresource pg_connect ( string connection_string [, int connect_type] )

pg_connect() returns a connection resource that is needed by other PostgreSQL functions.
    pg_connect() opens a connection to a PostgreSQL database specified by the connection_string. It returns a connection resource on success. It returns FALSE if the connection could not be made. connection_string should be a quoted string.

The script that I am trying to get to work on Vodahost Works on the server I have here at the house (SuSE9.2 , Apache2.2.0, PHP 5.1.2). I believe what is happening is (just a guess at this time) the ./configure that was run for the PHP setup on the Vodahost server did not include the “–with-pgsql=/phpdir” extension. I have a PostgreSQL database with a lot of info already in it that I need to connect to from the site on Vodahost. Thank You
    JohnM

Re: simple PHP script again

Yeah, I understand. I would like to know the libraries for PHP via Vodahost aswell.
    Thanks,
    Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
    mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Working...
    X