Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google

I was having problems with a new laptop and asked Dell for help removing the factory pre-installed Norton. Wouldn't you know it -getting rid of a virus is easier.

After an hour with Dell they conferenced with Norton who recommended: go to Google search for "unistall norton" LOL.

The tech from Dell and I couldn't stop laughing. It worked !
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Re: Google

Hehe!

I have nothing wrong with Norton AntiVirus. It's pretty good, I like it, hehe
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Bill,

Just so you know, lots of people have that issue. In fact this last round of windows updates, I encountered four HP users who had Norton pre installed, like your dell, who actually all but crashed because....Norton didnt update their ROOT file in the boot up/bios sector to match and chaos reigned. Norton allowed only partial parts of the update to go thru. Once we removed the Norton their computers were fine. Now getting NORTON to admit to this or the manufacturers to note an issue is going to be a challenge.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

lmao @ getting rid of a virus is easier..

That is amazing... Funnily, I was shopping for a pc the other day and I was offered a machine $340 cheaper than the same machine that didn't had Norton... The reason was, getting rid of norton is a pain... Norton sells for a bout $300, but once you have a machine with a pre-installed Norton, it devalues the machine.... Go Figure..!!

Comment

Working...
        X