Hyperlinking help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinking help please

I would like to link one image so that when you click on it, it creates a new, smaller separate page (or window) that appears and does not change the location of the original page (hope that makes sense).

I know I've read somewhere how to open up a new page but now that I need it, I can't find it.....

Thanks.

Re: Hyperlinking help please

Hi SPC..

You can do this in various ways depending on how exactly you prefer it to open..

Method 1:
    1. Open the image properties for the image you wish to link.
    2. Click on the 'Link' tab.
    3. Add the relevant Target URL (Page address).
    4. From the 'Target' select box, select 'Blank'.

This will open the link in a new window.

Method 2:

Create a 'popup'.. The advantage of popups is that they are customizeable to your preferences, ie, you can have them open in a certain size and location on the screen, you can select whether to have them with scroll bars and you can even customize them to be resizeable or not.. However, a great number of users have ppups disabled in which case your page may not be opened when someone clicks the link.

Method 3:

You can have an I-Frame in the your main page where that I-Frame is to the size and location you want on the page so that when someone clicks the Image, the Page is called into that I-Frame.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Hyperlinking help please

The simplest way is to use BV's Gallery tool and set the target to be a popup window. If it is only one image, make the gallery 1 column.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X