I need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help

I am trying (alot to learn) to redo my existing website of: http://best-home-based-business-idea.com with voda, and I am having some problems

1ST problem is I have chosen which template to use and have installed it and I am trying to put the words: Best Home Based Business Idea in the top part of template, but when I add the text the backround of text is white, not blended in like I want it to be. How can I fix this?

2nd problem: I am trying to add my google adsense code in (which I figured out how to do I think) the size that I am currently using is: 336by 280 I would like it to be the same way I have it now on my site with the text to go beside or around the google adsense, but everything I have tried so far is not working out. Can someone help me with this as well?

Re: I need some help

I have another question. I am figuring out tables and other things, but another problem I am having is with the template itself. So far I have adding two text lines and a table and now I am out of room. Is there a way to get the template to let me add everything I need to? I tried stretching to go down further , but all it is doing is stretching it out horribly. I hope I am making sense here.

Comment

Hi Mom.. (gee.. havent said that for quite a long time)..

1. Highlight the test that appears with white background.. Go to the text backgound button in the main menu bar above, click reset. (In any case, your text appears fine on the published page).

2. Adsense Ad Units are very rigid when it comes to optimization. The optimization options. The reason being the way your ad appears is fully controlled by Google itself.. In other words, Googel reatins your Ad Units and only displays them on demand, ie, when the page is opened. If you look at the code you have there, you will find a style item 'Background'.. You can change that as you like, so even if the color of your background is not provided by Google's palette, enter the code for that color and the ad will appear as it has no background.

3. I am not an expert of templates, however, if I was faced with that problem, I would ad elements to make the template look bigger.. ie, extend the lines and ad shapes with identical colors to those in the template itself.. Although there could be other ideas here, but I'm not aware of them.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Your site looks good now, another option to avoid the white background is to save your header as a *.gif file with a transparent background.

Originally posted by mom2373
        I am trying (alot to learn) to redo my existing website of: http://best-home-based-business-idea.com with voda, and I am having some problems

1ST problem is I have chosen which template to use and have installed it and I am trying to put the words: Best Home Based Business Idea in the top part of template, but when I add the text the backround of text is white, not blended in like I want it to be. How can I fix this?

2nd problem: I am trying to add my google adsense code in (which I figured out how to do I think) the size that I am currently using is: 336by 280 I would like it to be the same way I have it now on my site with the text to go beside or around the google adsense, but everything I have tried so far is not working out. Can someone help me with this as well?
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by mom2373
          I have another question. I am figuring out tables and other things, but another problem I am having is with the template itself. So far I have adding two text lines and a table and now I am out of room. Is there a way to get the template to let me add everything I need to? I tried stretching to go down further , but all it is doing is stretching it out horribly. I hope I am making sense here.
          What do you mean by out of room? The template itself would repeat itself horizontally and vertically. If it doesn't, you will have to use Paint or Photoshop to add to the template.

Why don't you publish with the template and we will take a look.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Your site looks good now, another option to avoid the white background is to save your header as a *.gif file with a transparent background.

I am not sure how to do this. Can you help me?

Comment

Open MSN Paint, usually found: click on Start (lower left hand of yr screen) > Programs > Accessories > Paint.

In Paint copy "Best Home Based Business Idea" and File Save As yourname.gif
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I can not publish yet as I do not have a vodahost account yet (I will Come Aug 1st) As I have said I tried stretching the template to go further down the page so I could add more things, but when I do this, it stretches the heading PIC so bad it looks ridiculous.

I can not seem to figure out how to get it to go down (The way it is I can only add 3 things and then it will not let me add anything more inside the template itself

I hope I am making sense here.

I also do not know how to add to the template in Paint and I do not have Photoshop

Comment

-Download Paint.Net for free follow this post.
                  http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/rev...ighlight=paint

-Open MSN Paint, file open (point to your folder where you stored your template) click. Once in Paint you can change colors, duplicate, etc. Play with it a bit to find what looks good for your site.

-what is the url so we can take a look?
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                  X