PDA

View Full Version : error when publishing

fabbers
07-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi,
I tried to publish two pages, it said that it was succesfull but when I go to the website address (www.fabulousfurniture.nl) it says
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Do you know why this is?
Thank you for your efforts.

davidundalicia
07-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi fabbers, I got the same message.....

Have you entered the CORRECT url (address) of your site ??

and how long have you had your vodahost account ?

the last thing to check is to make sure you have published to the right
server (details in your welcome letter)

fabbers
07-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi back,
thanks for the reply.
I have had the account for over a month now, just never got to the actual publishing part. I also did use the correct server (that is my IP address right?)maybe I have to remove all the previously published files and try again, but do you know how to do that?

fabbers

davidundalicia
07-30-2006, 09:04 PM
You can always use your Bluevoda FTP program to view/delete files on your website.....
Have you published an index page ????

fabbers
07-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi David,
Well I have to say I am quite new at doing this so I must be doing something silly.
I did actually publish an index page, and even the specific index page is not found. And is it so that if you publish a page/website that you can instantly view it on the web or do you have to wait for a couple of days?
However I transferred my domain to Bluevoda when I opened a hostvoda account 6 weeks ago. Could this be the problem i.e. that it has not been transferred yet?
And that Blue FTP program is that the FTP manager in the control panel or is that a specific program that I have to download seperately?

Thanks a million,
Dagmar