Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

I've been reading and watching the tutorials for a couple of days now. I've download BlueVoda and I've found a premium template that I think I would like. The template states that there are several software programs required. Does this mean that BlueVoda will not work with the template and I have to go out and buy several software programs to use the template? I can't believe I'm still so confused when I've been reading so much about this. Any help?
    Dawn

Re: Questions

Welcome to BlueVoda! What "software programs" did they say you will need? And when you say "premium template" do you mean one from BlueVoda or another company?
    still working on website!

Comment

Diffrent templates have diffrent software requirements.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The template says the following:
        SOFTWARE REQUIRED:
        Adobe Photoshop 7+;
        Macromedia Dreamweaver, Adobe GoLive or Microsoft Frontpage 2003;
        Macromedia Flash MX+;

I just wanted to know if in order to use this template, I have to buys all these programs, or can it be used with BlueVoda?
        Thank you. I'll figure out how all this works eventually.
        Dawn

Comment

Dawn

Apparently you are looking at some third party site for this template. Blue Voda may or may not be able to handle all the requirements of it without some editing. However, if you have one of the above programs you listed, you are able to use it to customize it and still host it on VODA HOST which is the actual server and not the builder. Blue Voda is the builder.

Karen Mac

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen, but I found this template on the vodahost site, under vodahost templates. My problem is I don't have any of those programs, so if these templates don't work with the blue voda program, then I will just have to do a website from scratch, once I learn how. I was just hoping I could jump start the process by using a template. Thanks for your time.

Dawn

Comment

You can tweak a template in any of those programs or even in MSN Paint. Download Paint.Net its free. Read this post:
              http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/rev...hop-clone.html
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks Bill. I downloaded that product. I will buy the template and see what happens.

Dawn

Comment

Some companys can dig deep in you pockets with cheep or free products.
                  Adobi who recently aquired Macromedia will give away awesome flash templets you can't build on without $699 MM8 soft ware. You can always invest in your business after it starts making you money. I would suggest you use the bv templets or make your own. If you find these hard to use
                  remember the Too Hip Wazoo Programs are that much harder.

Comment

Please, let's clarify some things: VodaHost supplies FREE templates and Paid ones, in the Premium series. The Premium series has some Flash and Dreamweaver templates. These are editable, but to edit them you need the software listed. So, if you intend to use only BlueVoda, i suggest, as circuspet also suggested, that you either create your own, or stick with the staic free ones thet VH supplies.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Big Sigh.... I appreciate your comments. I did download the vodahost premium template. The page in the link they emailed me doesn't open, so I can't properly download the template. I put a ticket in last night about it. I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot paying $41 for a template I can't download. I'm inches away from giving up and advertising my services the old fashioned way...in the newspaper! Thanks for all your help.
                      Dawn

Comment

Check and see if there is a return policy on that template and try and return it before you even download it. You will not be able to use it without the software it requires....it has nothing to do with BlueVoda or Vodahosting requirements....it is the software whoever made the template used to make it "flashy" or interactive or whatever special things that template does. If you can't return it, then save it for later when you are ready to upgrade your site!

But don't give up! ...maybe you just started a little too ahead of where you want to be right now...take a deep breath, return the template if you can, and choose one of the free templates that will give you the jumpstart you were looking for. And, if you find you don't like the free template, you can always ditch it and build from scratch. There are so many helpful people on here that you will do just fine!

Now, I hope that encouraged you and you don't give up! You can do this!!!
                        still working on website!

Comment

Hi! Thanks, I got the template. Even though I got an IE is unable to link message, it still gave me the template. I was able to download it and unzip it. Now I have to figure out what to do with it. Thanks for your support. I will keep trying. I can't let this thing beat me!

Honestly, I think what got me was that I was expecting it to be quick and easy. The initial blue voda page/movie states that in 30 minutes you are up and running. I don't know what they mean by that!
                          Thanks again,
                          Dawn

Comment

Originally posted by mrngstr333
                            Big Sigh.... I appreciate your comments. I did download the vodahost premium template. The page in the link they emailed me doesn't open, so I can't properly download the template. I put a ticket in last night about it. I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot paying $41 for a template I can't download. I'm inches away from giving up and advertising my services the old fashioned way...in the newspaper! Thanks for all your help.
                            Dawn
                            Dawn-
                            The recommended software listed in the download area is what is capable of "editing" the template you bought, not what is needed to download it!

If you want to change the 'properties' such as images, colors, backgrounds, etc. then you will need the listed software packages......that is why it is advised to consult with the proffered "experts" to summarize the added costs to customize the template to your liking prior to simply buying a template and only later discovering that you might not be able to do everything yourself as easily as you imagined!

** Often, having a template that lists for $41 (for example) additionally customized with advanced MOD (modifications) features like a dynamic menu system pre-installed and your images set and ready to go could total $80 for instance......and.....you can still call the provider and ask them to revisit your purchase with your list of requested modifications for a quote, and your acceptance of the original transaction as final with these modified terms predicated.....don't give up, just jump in and get involved in the effort to develop your site!
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

mrngstr333:

Please slow down and make a plan, study the hundreds of web sites built here. Most of the people who coment in this forum leave a URL in their signatures, look at their sites. See what you like and don't like. BV gives many excelent tools but to explain all the posible thing that can be done would take volumes. To learn what you want do is a lot less work than trying to learn what can be done. As you can see every one here is very helpful but you are the creative producer and must set the path you want your site to take. The most important piece of advice, enjoy the learning.
                              Once into this web building the learning never stops

Comment

Working...
                              X