Help!! I need help with a directory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! I need help with a directory!

Sub directories, Subdomains, Add On domains im so confused!!! I am a newbie to the twelth degree.

I need to create an area which is password protected for my wholesale clients. I know I need to makes this into a directory but im unsure how exactly.

Im also unsure how to publish to this new directory I create using blue voda website builder.

Please help anybody
    Never Let a Kind word go Un said!

Soy Candles

Re: Help!! I need help with a directory!

The public_html directory is your main directory. Any "folder" you create in that directory is a sub-directory.

A sub-directory can be a "folder" or a "sub-domain". A "folder" is just that- a folder that holds files. A "sub-domain" is different in that it contains a cgi-bin with in it that can contain additional code and has other features. You can password protect a sub-domain and set up ftp privledges for your users.

An "add-on" domain is not a sub-directory. An "add-on" domain has all the capabilities of a regular domain except that it does not have it's own c-panel.
    You would have to purchase the Domain Name and then either transfer it to Voda Host or simply point the Domain Name to the Voda Host DNS servers.

There may be more things- but that basically is the difference between them.

To create a sub-domain, simply go into cpanel and click on the sub-domain icon and add one. Pick a name that is short and easy to remember such as - http://www.yourdomain.com/mysubdomain
    The name you would put in the add-subdomain name would be the "mysubdomain" in my example above.

Then to publish pages to this sub-domain, you would click on publish button and you would add "mysubdomain' to the public_html
    like this;
    public_html/mydomain

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thank you
      Andy,

Thats the information I needed to get me through this situation. I hope!! lol I'm sure that you will be giving me more helpful advice on problems in the near future. I beleive I shall create a new directory in my public.html file and go from there. Until next time

Thanks again
      Never Let a Kind word go Un said!

Soy Candles

Comment

Garren-
        If you would like, take a moment to email me when you're ready, and I will send you step-by-step "simplified" instrcutions on how to do this.
        I've done it myself, and seem to have addressed this successfully for others in the Forum in the past....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X