OSCommerse Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSCommerse Cart

OK, I am really dumb about all of this. So I downloaded a shopping cart and I am not sure what to do next. How do I change the page to have my info? How do I get the little carts installed by my "for sale" items in my regular web pages, so they click on that and it adds to the cart or do I not load a cart to set up that way. Help!!! I looked through the tutorials and can't seem to find anything like that. Maybe OS Commerce doesn't even work that way.

My domain name is www.caulfieldsmercantile.com

I am totally confused and frustrated with it all.

Re: OSCommerse Cart

Shopping carts are very confusing for sure.
    OS commerce is a bit different from the "shopping cart" icon thing you are talking about . It is more like a "catalog" store that you enter your products into. YOu will have to visit their site (link provided when you downloaded I think) and read their tutorials on how to set up your store. Basically, you enter your products into their format and the software generates the "store", which you can customize somewhat by changing the columns, headings, etc. They have a forum much like Vodahosting too where you can get specific questions answered.

I think the type of cart set up you are describing is more like Cart Manager, or Mals E cart. With those carts, you build your pages with product on them and then insert the shopping cart icon/codes etc. and that generates your check out pages, etc. Those carts are not provided by Vodahost, but are compatible with your BlueVoda built pages. Do a google for their sites to read more about them. Also do a search in this forum for the specific cart you want to try and see what others have done.

I felt the same as you about the overwhelming cart issue. I finally put it aside and am building my pages and then will go back to decide on the cart.

Hope that helps a little!
    still working on website!

Comment

Thanks Island Crazy. At least someone replied. I have gone to a PayPal shopping cart. It seems much easier to figure out. I am still working on how to get the shipping charges in correctly but I will get there.

Comment

good for you! many people use Paypal with great success. good luck!
        still working on website!

Comment

Use the USPS or UPS sites to help you calculate shipping charges. You can group shipping, say for orders up to $9.99 S&H is $4.00, from $10 to $25 S&H is $9. Paypal will help you set it up.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
          X