vertical line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vertical line?

We have a horizontal line.... can we have a vertical one too?

And maybe an option to angle text? So we could have text writing at maybe 45% across a page?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: vertical line?

the line can be acheived by creating a shape then squeezing it together and maybe if you wish fill in with a colour, say a r3ctangle with blue insert then squashed at the sides to make a line

as for the text you may have tto use another programe i.e adobe photo but im not sure they may have a way now
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

I use the shapes button for my vertical lines already but just thought for quickness as per the horizontal one it might be nice to have.

Oh well, I have another 6 sites to make! Here we go again....
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

P.S. Hurry up with this car boot site of yours.... I'm dying to see it!!!!

Comment

lol i know but ive been mad busy and it means buying lots of stuff and havnt had the time , its very basic realy and i thought buy the name now then work at my own pace lol you know how it is when you get an idea its rush rush rush then fizzle lol will go back to it soon though trouble is got a new idea to keep me mind going

dont show any one but this was done ages ago lol www.thecarbootonline.com/demo.html

Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

There is no such a thing as vertical line in HTML.
            HTML only supports a horzonrtal line.
            So the Shape object is the best alternative.
            Forum Moderator
            BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

So just create a thin, vertical rectangle, and stretch it to the desired dimensions to result as a vertical line.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

If you are creating you own templet you might be amazed with what can be done in word.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky
                  We have a horizontal line.... can we have a vertical one too?

And maybe an option to angle text? So we could have text writing at maybe 45% across a page?
                  I agree! Ive been using 'shapes' when I wanted a horizontal line...and thats a pain...
                  Good idea to ask!..

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
                    lol i know but ive been mad busy and it means buying lots of stuff and havnt had the time , its very basic realy and i thought buy the name now then work at my own pace lol you know how it is when you get an idea its rush rush rush then fizzle lol will go back to it soon though trouble is got a new idea to keep me mind going

dont show any one but this was done ages ago lol www.thecarbootonline.com/demo.html
                    On you demo site it sells that you sell everything from an abacus to a zebra?

I have been looking evrywhere for a Zebra... Can you give me a price for one please, and also... do you do bulk discount if I should buy say a dozen Zebras?

Comment

lmao its just a rough bit of writing to fill it out while i see if it looked ok but i know a man who can get you a zebra if you want me to ask him but it will cost you

Comment

Some was looking for a zebra?Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	497289
                        Bill
                        www.blueearthtea.com
                        www.ftaaconsulting.com
                        www.iaval.com
                        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

In XHTML you can use the "vsides" attribute inside a table... though I dont know if you can copy and paste that into BV and it work ...
                          brenT

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo
                            There is no such a thing as vertical line in HTML.
                            HTML only supports a horzonrtal line.
                            So the Shape object is the best alternative.
                            There is an alternative. Click the "html" tool (usually the first button in the vertical left menu). A gray rectangle will appear on your page. Double-click inside it to open its editor. Next, copy and paste the following text inside the editor.
                            Code:
                            <div style="top:25xp;left:50px;height:400px;width:0px;background:transparent;border-right:5px double red"></div>
                            Click OK to close the editor then click the top menu "Preview" button. You will see a vertical double redline on your page. Double-click the "html" object again and modify the top, left, height, border etc. parameters to place and customize your vertical line. This is much better than using a rect. shape. The position of the "html" tool on your page does not affect the position of your vertical line. The latter is drawn according to the code you've written in the "html" component. You can therefore resize and move the "html" component itself and move it to a location where it does not interfere with your page design.

The "html" tool is powerful. Experiment with it. If you have basic CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) knowledge, you can do marvellous things with it.

Remember that, using this solution, you will only see your line when your page is rendered by your browser. To change this, I have asked ***** to provide us with a visual component to draw such a box. See this thread: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/wis...uppercase.html

Hope this helps

Dan

Comment

I am replying to myself to make a correction to my above post.

The position of the "html" component on your page does change the position of your line, contrarily to what I said above. However, sizing the component does not change the size of your vertical line. The code does it.

Sorry for the goof.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X