Finally up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally up!

This website has been long in the making process as well as all the things on it. Im finally up! there are a few things that need tweeking but for the most part im good to go!

Please visit Glitzz Jewelry and Accessories - http://www.glitzzjewelry.com
    Glitzz Original Hand-made Beaded Jewelry, Accessories, and Gifts By Julie Knight of Toronto, Canada. OH YEAH BABY CANADA!!!

Re: Finally up!

Hi, nice site.
    Somethings to look for:
    -"Designer Julie Knight" (you?) is overlapped by text - so its messing up your page.
    -The text on the NavBAr seems out of alignment
    -Consider page titles, right click page properties to do this.
    -The wallpaper is taking a longer time to load and at first glance steals the show. The color combinations are elegant and match the boxes - nice.
    -Maybe menus along the bottom of each page. You have to go back home to change rooms.

A lot of work ! You are on your way.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Very Nice site but agree with Bills comments and center in your browser.
      Beezz
      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

I second Bill.. I actually didnt even notice "Designer Julie Knight" at all until Bill mentioned and I went to look again.

Wallpaper definitely taking long to load.

But the overall concept look nice once the page content is organized and everything positioned right.

Comment

can't wait to see more of your work - on your "updates/specials" page the word name overlaps the form and the e-mail text box needs to be stretched so e-mail is on one line --- barefoot sandels page title overlaps first words of body text - all in all a nice site - have fun working on it - we have all re-done and re-done - in fact most of us continue to re-do! ann
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Originally posted by beegud2
            Very Nice site but agree with Bills comments and center in your browser.
            What? I missed the centering? I must have been reading the jokes, lol
            Thanks Beezzz
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Oh boy! I really wanted to see your site. But after 2 minutes on download and only a fraction of the site showing, I gave up. Wahh!! I like jewelry!!! Any chance you could make it load faster? What i saw looked really interesting!
              still working on website!

Comment

I am having a hard time biting my tongue, but can point out 2 aspects that are critically in need of immeditate attention:
                1. Your merchandise images need to be completely re-done.
                They lack the definition and detail to even be reasonably useful. Try using the macro lens on your digital camera and 100% more backlight and a neutral (not white or linen) backgroud to get the focus and contrast your creations deserve. 1a. You need to provide as much detailed product info as possible to compensate for image resolution.....
                2. Rethink the layout scheme: your images and merchandise area is too small to elicit the standard responses, let alone inspire transaction.
                Maybe the use of a Table would provide you with the alignment and "formatting" that is currently appearing much too freehand and without comformity.

I have more, but the others will probably offer them, so I personally think these 2 issues are so major, they might encompass everything else if you re-engineer the site....I hope I was not too brutal, but you really deserve to hear these main ideas.....
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Finally up!...... but the site never finally loaded, I left the site in a couple of minutes. The images are very hard to see and there is some ovrlapping. Didn't wait for the rest. Keep pluggin away you'll get there....................
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

k what do I do if when I view the site none of what you guys are talking about shows??? cause obviously I would have fixed the overlapping if I saw it... also if its loading slow how would i make it load faster? it doesnt load slow for me!!
                    Glitzz Original Hand-made Beaded Jewelry, Accessories, and Gifts By Julie Knight of Toronto, Canada. OH YEAH BABY CANADA!!!

Comment

Julie-
                      1. Your page is 1165 wide (too wide even by most generous standards). If you have your computer set at anything above 1024x768, your view will differ dramatically from most others....
                      2. Your site loads for me in about 7 seconds, whereas most BV sites load an average 2.5-3.5 seconds (and we all know I have an extremely fast system in VodaLand, proven time and time again by my load reports - I do both IE and AOL).
                      3. "Overlapping" of text and objects on the Home Page alone are: at the girl's hip, your "-Designer- Julie Knight" in green lay under main text area, a poor editing miss; your "bubble captions" have an orange "j" floating for no reason, and it is obstructing the text in top caption; your main GLITZZ logo is "short-stacked" over "Original Handmade...." which itself extends too far down OVER your duplicated "copyright" line at bottom; you have another orande "i" floating over your cart in lower left...>>I am starting to think you have all the letters that spell Glitzz floating aimlessly everywhere??<<
                      4. You have a useless color icon in the lower left of your Main Frame...why? lose it.
                      5. Every one of your product image frames are different sizes....you should have selected ONE and simply pasted it continuously for each....(this is evidenced by the same text extending past one border and not others)

Every detail matters, and in such a small contained, linear design such as yours, proportion and scale is paramount to viewer comfort....the sub-conscious eye picks everything up that is not symetrical, and is thus prone for visitors to simply bail if professional appearance is not even attempted....

We ALL see these things (and more), so I am surprised you are so astounded! We do not like to be the harbringers of bad news, nor to appear nitpickers, but there are a lot of simple issues that need addressing in your site before you should go live.....

Comment

im trying to tell you that its showing up fine in my browser and i wanted to know why that would be not a list of all the problems again.. this is the reason why i said i obviously would have fixed these things if i could see them but i cant!

you are literally bringin me to tears... you have no idea how hard iv wroked on this to have someone tell me they see a complete mess and basically saying the whole site is a waste of time.your being crazy errogant about it.. your advice is not helping because its insulting in tone. All i wanted to know what how to fix the browser setting so i can see what you see..

What part of i dont see what you see dont you get.. why would i have floating letters all around on purpose? I had been previewing the entire thing all the way through until i saw perfection.

My computer is set to 1024x768

how do i change the page size from 1165, and what should it be?

Comment

Relax! We are here to give you reports of what we see, and to offer a wider perspective than we can have as individuals.....you know that! We have all gone throught the trials and tribulations of getting used to BV and strained until almost blind nights on end trying to create what we thought was simple, only to learn how to enhance our original vision, again, and again....

In your desktop, go in My Computer then Control Panel....click on Appearance & Themes >> DISPLAY...then select the SETTINGS....see the little arrow slide? move it to the right until you get to 1024x768, click ok, apply, ok, etc. You just reset your browser & desktop to the new standard of display....now revisit your site and tell ME if you see the same things....(I'll wait)

Comment

allready did that everything is the same..

i allready told you that...

i asked how to change the size of my site because you said the page width was to big..

Comment

never mind i know where to change it I wanted to know what the page dimentions should be.

Why are you the only ones seeing floating things?

Comment

Working...
                              X