colours changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colours changing

The shapes on my published pages keep changing colours whenever i publish a new page

Re: colours changing

What do you mean changes colors? Like from one shade of green to a different shade of green? Could you give us a link to look at?
    still working on website!

Comment

www.powerfulcars.co.uk - the template for the site, the shape with the menu bar on it should be black but when i published a seperate page with a different colour on the same shape, it turned that colour on every page

Comment

I think that is because you changed the template color itself. If you are using the same template for every page, I think when you "bring up" that template it will load the colors you told it to be, on every page, "overriding" the original color of the template. I am not sure how to fix that....except to use a "new template" with the color changes you desire for the pages where you want the colors to be changed, leaving the original "black" template where it was. I doubt that makes any sense...sorry I do not know how to explain it better.

Comment

I have this problem all the time! You make a nice purple shape... then when you go to publish at first it comes out purple... then a few days later it's gone black. I must admit it is the one and only thing I must fault with BV, I wish something could be looked into on this. I now don't use the shapes on any new sites because of this problem
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Marnicky, thanks for the heads up on that. However, I think tommo is trying to change the color of a shape in a template, not a shape he drew with the BV shape tool? I am not sure but it seems like a different problem than you have. that would be really frustrating to set up all your colors with the shapes tool and have them change! Hmmm..wonder what causes that?

Comment

I don't know what causes it, all I know is it's extremely annoying, especially if you make a site with 100 pages which I quite often do and then you have to go back and change every one!!

I have asked about this b4 but no one seems to ever know, I am hoping BV will look into it
              Ramsey
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

i created the template for the website with the shape tool, and saved it as a template which i use as the template for my other pages, but on one or two of my other pages i changed the colour of the shape which is part of the template, and now the shape has turned that colour on all my pages, and it doesn't look right take a look www.powerfulcars.co.uk - the shape with the menu bar on it should be black but it has turned blue.

Comment

So basically it IS the same problem as me. There is no good answer I can give you on this mate, it's an issue no one seems to know about sorry, but I DO know how you feel!

Comment

Hi tommo,
                    Please humour me for a minute while we try something silly. It seems that bv01003 has changed colour from black to blue.
                    Perhaps it is only that this bv01003 needs to "bring to front" or forward.
                    Go to ftp and find bv01003 in your folder and open it. See if it is blue or black.
                    If this is not the answer then try this on a new blank page. Open an html box, and position it in the top lh corner at position 0,0.
                    Double click and paste in this code

<div style = "position:absolute;left:1px;top:90px;width:995px;h eight:25; background-color:#000000;z-index:0"></DIV>

This will give you a black panel the same dimensions as bv01003. The position is probably slightly out, but you can rectify this.
                    Regards
                    Royden

www.harrow-art.com
                    www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Originally posted by zigzag
                      Hi tommo,
                      Please humour me for a minute while we try something silly. It seems that bv01003 has changed colour from black to blue.
                      Perhaps it is only that this bv01003 needs to "bring to front" or forward.
                      Go to ftp and find bv01003 in your folder and open it. See if it is blue or black.
                      If this is not the answer then try this on a new blank page. Open an html box, and position it in the top lh corner at position 0,0.
                      Double click and paste in this code

<div style = "position:absolute;left:1px;top:90px;width:995px;h eight:25; background-color:#000000;z-index:0"></DIV>

This will give you a black panel the same dimensions as bv01003. The position is probably slightly out, but you can rectify this.
                      Regards
                      I can guarantee your first suggestion won't work... done it hundreds of times and makes no difference unfortunately. I used to go look in the FTP at the colour and sure enough it was what it was supposed to be but just not showing up on BV. Bringing it forward does nothing either.

Not sure about your second suggestion as too complicated for me lol but best of luck with it and let me know if it works tommo as might try it myself!

Comment

Don't be chicken Marinky, give it a try. The good thing about painting panels in code, is that the work is done locally on your PC, and there are no images being loaded. Your pages will load faster.

I have used this extensively on my site, and the load time is definately reduced.

I am sorry that my guess didn't work. I was starting to feel very clever, and you burst my bubble.

Good luck and regards,
                        Royden

www.harrow-art.com
                        www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Oh my.....I wonder if this topic should be asked in the "report a bug" section.?? Tommo I thought you were using a downloaded template...didn't realize you built it yourself with shapes tool. Sorry I was of no help to you then. Glad I heard about this problem before I used the shapes in the same way. Hope you get it sorted out.

Comment

I'm really **** at all this code stuff though

<div style = "position:absolute;left:1px;top:90px;width:995 px;h eight:25; background-color:#000000;z-index:0"></DIV>

??????????????????????????????

Might as well be in Japanese!!!!

: - (

Comment

ill just have to use code (take a while to republish and stuff though)

Comment

Working...
                              X